e*trade and two factor authentication

hi, i have had this issue for a couple of years now and finally broke so i'm going to throw it out there. i can sync my e*trade banking saving/checking as long as the token authentication isn't enabled. log-in would fail as soon as i enable the second authentication factor. i tried with token appended and without it.
on the investment side there is no issue for that. anyone else seen this issue? thanks.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rabineitan

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would first attempt to use "Update Now" from the register with the token authentication enabled to see if this works to connect as opposed to the One-Step-Update process.

If you are unable to connect in Quicken it would appear that this authentication process is currently unsupported by Quicken.

As this currently works with it being disabled, I move forward downloading to Quicken without enabling the feature.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rabineitan
    rabineitan Member ✭✭
    hi, thanks for your reply. maybe i posted the issue on the wrong board as this is happening on mac. in any case this seem to be a connector issue. i was just hopping that someone from quicken r&d could look into it.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hello @rabineitan

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

The Community is mainly a user to user forum.

At this time I would then recommend going to Help > Report a Problem and filling out the report a problem form or contacting support directly to report the issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rabineitan
    rabineitan Member ✭✭
    anyone else out there seeing this issue?
  • Capn
    Capn Member
    Yes, I'm having the same issue. Can't seem to download account activity for Etrade with 2-factor authentication activated. Working on a PC.
  • cjsfj
    cjsfj Member ✭✭
    Seems like Mac Quicken does not "support" Etrade's two-factor.

Since every login requires a new code from the VIP app, I just login to my etrade account in Quicken every time I want to sync transactions.

1. Open Quicken and go to the Accounts menu and choose Update All Online Accounts
    2. Wait for the Account Status window. Etrade will have a big fat "Resolve" button next to it, and will probably be at the top of the list unless other accounts have failed
    3. Click that resolve button and type in your etrade username and password+VIP access code. Then press enter
    4. You'll get a screen that says something about logging into your etrade account. That will go away pretty fast, but the "Resolve" button will still be there. Most important is that the circle arrow icon at the top of the Accounts list in the main window should be spinning
    5. At this point, The account will either error out again (for me this happens when I wait too long to enter the code and it expires before it authenticates); or the Account status for Etrade will turn green - which means the latest transactions should be there in your Quicken etrade ledger.

Hope this helps. It's a little annoying to have to type in my account every time, but well worth it to help secure the account.
This discussion has been closed.