Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

unable to download data since november

I have been told by my credit union that there is a software problem between the two. when will it be corrected?

Comments

• ddjw4ddjw4 Member
    Out of 5 accounts only the two with this credit union are unable to download. GTFCU
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    When you do HELP, About Quicken, what shows as your Q product and your BUILD of Q?  Is there a "Valid Thru" date also?
    What's the specific problem?  Are there any error codes or messages?
    When you do TOOLS, Account List ... what shows in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to these 2 accounts.
    And, lastly, what's the full name of this CU?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ddjw4ddjw4 Member
    OL-295-A Version R24.11 Build 27.1.4.11 Greater Texas Federal Credit Union valid January 9, 2021 Transaction download Yes Direct connect
    However, none of the information comes through.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @ddjw4

Thank you for providing more details and the error message that you are receiving.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps help to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • ddjw4ddjw4 Member
    One of two accounts at the credit union says I have 3 transactions to review even though I have reconciled through the end of December. It will not allow me to rename it until I review these transactions. There are only 2 transactions from January available and if I mark them reconciled it does not change the status of that account.

-------------------------------------I was able to download the transactions from my account to quicken from the credit union program. However, the last time I tried to download through quicken I was unable to. Will renaming the account make it possible? When I tried to rename it, it wouldn't because I hadn't reviewed some transactions. Now that I will be able to do so will it allow the rename? Will the rename allow me to download? Will quicken allow the new password?
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ddjw4 ,

I have PNC Bank - Direct Connect and never had any problems.
    PNC Bank has a separate Direct Connect login from their Website login.

Which might be an underlining cause of downloading problems with your financial institution.

I also have no Transactions being Automatically added to banking registers.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R31.20  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21322.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.804

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• ddjw4ddjw4 Member
    None of this worked! So, I just deleted the account and reestablished it. I will have to wait until the next reconciling to see if it worked.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi @ddjw4 ,

I (would) have renamed the account and then closed it, so you could keep the Transactions for its history, which you can still do, by restoring your last Manual Backup. Deactivate the Register. Rename the Register and then closed the Register and keep the Transactions.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R31.20  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21322.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.804

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• ddjw4ddjw4 Member
    Did I ask or authorize you to do this? Did you NOT read what I said I did? WOW!
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @ddjw4

Thank you for the response although I apologize for any confusion.

To clarify, this is a user to user forum, other users do not have the ability to access Quicken on your computer and make changes to your account or data.

@thecreator was offering a suggestion and insight. However, I am glad to hear that you were able to get the account working.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.