How do I convert Vanguard Investor shares to Admiral. Can't locate Mutual Fund Converstion

Options
C Yayac
C Yayac Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I have a share class conversion to admiral shares resulting in a difference is shares for the new admiral shares. How to I do this

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The conversion wizard is still there, though I seem to remember that it might be experiencing some problems.  Make a backup and try it to see if it works for you.  If it doesn't, restore your backup and use the Corporate Acquisition instead.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your Quicken account cannot be a Single Mutual Fund Account.  SMF accounts cannot support the MF Conversion.  Edit Account Details to change from SMF.  
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is an old note and the conversion might be better now.

To switch to Vanguard Admiral (I have several) you should use Corporate Acquisition (or the new Mutual Fund Conversion) and you have to manually calculate how many new shares you got for each ONE old share. Took me 3 times to notice that part.  So you may have to do some dividing on paper first. Don't worry if the price per share comes out fractionally different. Just be sure the # of shares and cost is accurate. Most of my conversions to Admiral were for all the same # of shares.  So I just changed the name and symbol.  One fund was so close I just did an adjustment and removed .176 shares.  I had 536.743 shares before and they converted in only 536.567 shares.

If you have it set up as a Single Mutual Fund (SMF) you need to edit the account and change it to No. 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.