Manage Budget Categories

Whenever I click on the Manage Budget Categories and change the categories I want to budget, it wipes out everything I have entered and replaces it with data based on my expenses to date (appears to do this). I have it set up to be a manual budget. I can enter data and close out of Quicken and it will stay there until I change the manage budget categories. Please help.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @lynnrwatts

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening, as I am unable to recreate this.

When you go into Manage Categories, are you adding categories and removing categories? 

Do you make any changes to the planned amounts after adding/removing a category from the budget?

Lastly, do you sync to the Mobile or Web app? To verify, go to the Mobile & Web tab, do you show a "Sync Now" option?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lynnrwatts
    lynnrwatts Member ✭✭
    I previously made all changes to the categories and those are staying as I set them up.
    So all of the amounts I am updating is after I made the changes to the categories.
    I do not see a sync now option
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lynnrwatts

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

What version and release of Quicken are you using?  Is this a budget that was created for a previous year and extended into 2020?  Or a brand new created budget?

If you wish, Quicken Support is also available by visiting https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.  Support has the ability to share your screen (view only, they cannot take control) to see what is happening and help troubleshoot in real time, which made provide a faster resolution.

If you do contact Support, please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.