How do I exclude non-budget items from historical data used to create my budget?

Options
While reviewing budget from previous year I find NON-BUDGET tagged items have been included in monthly totals. How can I exclude NON-BUDGET tagged items from my budget report? How can exclude them from being used in historical data that I use to create the next years budget.

Best Answer

Answers

• Steve Reimers
    Options
    Version 5.14.3 (Build 514.31897.100) with mac os 10.15.3. The items to be excluded are tagged Non-Budget. I'll be creating a new category for the non-budget tagged items and excluding that category from the budget creation.
    also happens with splits and sub-categories tagged non-budget
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Version 5.14.3 (Build 514.31897.100) with mac os 10.15.3. The items to be excluded are tagged Non-Budget. I'll be creating a new category for the non-budget tagged items and excluding that category from the budget creation.
    also happens with splits and sub-categories tagged non-budget
    Thanks for the update, Steve:

If you do mean tags as in you set one like this:

That tag will have no impact on your budget; that transaction will be included if you have your budget set to track Groceries. Tags have their place, but it isn't for dealing with budgets.

If you don't want a particular transaction to hit a budget goal, then you have to use a different category than the one tracked in your budget. It sounds like this is the approach you might be taking.

This discussion has been closed.