I cannot memorize 2 similar investment transactions. Why, or how do I work around this?

Leewind
Leewind Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I want to memorize the 2 sales (different dates and values) of a mutual fund for each month, and then include both sales in a transaction group. Quicken does not allow this. How can I work around this issue?

Even if the 2 sales of the same fund (again different values and date) is in different accounts the sale can only be memorized once. Again, is there a work-around solution?

Best Answers

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe memorized transactions are linked to a particular account and all the transactions in a Scheduled Transaction Group must be in the same account. Is this the limitation you are seeing?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Leewind
    Leewind Member ✭✭
    I expect my issue is edition specific. I amusing Quicken Deluxe, not Premier.
    Thanks for your comments.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the same or a similar issue in QWin Premier 2020 R24.14.

Two similar memorized investment transactions (both MiscInc but for different securities) which I have been using for a long time disappeared from the Memorized Investment Transaction list and appear to have been replaced by two unrelated transactions. When I try to re-memorize one of the ones I want, I get the message "Investment Transaction already memorized"

Deleting the bogus transactions from the list thereby clearing out the list and then re-memorizing the first one adds it to the list but Quicken will not let me add the second transaction. I get the "already memorized" message and if I pick Add, I do not see the second transaction on the list. 

However if I exit and restart Quicken, the list now has both transactions. So this appears to be a display updating issue and not an issue with the underlying data.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Leewind
    Leewind Member ✭✭
    I added the 2nd set memorized transactions this morning, and was able to set up scheduled transaction groups using them.
    Looks to me as though your conclusions by exiting and restarting Quicken does solve the issue.
    Thanks
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Leewind

Thank you for sharing the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I did some digging and was able to find an old ticket reporting this behavior to our Product Team, however the ticket was closed out as not resolved.

I'd love to re-open it with our current Product Team, but I unfortunately, could not replicate this behavior in my data file.

I received the "Investment Transaction already memorized" error message, but clicking on "Add", did add the transaction to the memorized list, without closing and re-opening Quicken.

Would you be willing to help us investigate this behavior by providing a sanitized copy of your data file for debugging purposes?

Sanitizing the file removes all personally identifiable information, financial institution login credentials, and obfuscates the transaction data to ensure your privacy remains intact.

If so, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.

In the window that opens please enter "Attn: Sarah", select the "Sanitized data file copy" box and click on Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.