Issues with Online Bill Setup

I'm now trying to take advantage of online bills. For a long time I have been waiting for Quicken or some other software provider to come up with a good way to integrate eBills with Quicken accounts. It seems that Quicken has made some progress but is perhaps not quite there yet based upon my research.

It is understandable that it will take some time to get all our accounts online with ebilling.

However, here are some of my questions regarding online bills with Q [Priemer] R24.11 that I think should be addressed:

1. What does "Awaiting next bill" imply when there are no bills attached?

2. What does "Awaiting next bill" imply when some attached bills are present? Are these bills too old? What is the criteria when you have to await the next bill?

3. What does the Actual vs. the Generic Logos imply?

4. I assume that when a due date and amount is shown without any bills that this entry is triggered from just a scheduled reminder and not a bill. Right?

5. I currently have two mortgage bill entries one with a generic logo and one with the actual mortgage company logo. See attached. How do I resolve these duplicates and get the actual bills?

Screen clipping taken: 1/26/2020 6:50 PM

I hope these questions will resonate with other users trying to get online bills set up to save us time and errors.

I applaud Quicken for moving this forward and look forward to some improved features and documentation to come. As an IT old timer, I believe this functionality is a bit too complex to understand without some details documentation as a guide.

Your Input and comments are welcome!

Comments

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @williamspl,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your questions regarding Online Billers in Quicken, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you have not already done so, please see the information outlined here and here for more details and FAQ's regarding the Online Bill Center in Quicken. 

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• williamsplwilliamspl Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

:| Thanks for this feedback.

It seems that your first "here" is outdated. The screen clips and text are different than what I see on my Q 2020 [Premier] R24.11.

I did see the other FAQs earlier and I am continuing to try things.

I was not seeing the due date and amount for a Chase VISA account earlier but I have been trying different things.

1. I found that I did not have a February reminder for this bill, so after adding this current reminder, I now see "Due Soon", due date and Amount for the first time. And, the linked PDF statements are attached. Great News!

I will continue to work through my other bills to get them working also and post to this conversation any key findings.

I do have one new question. Does Quicken plan to attach the PDF statement link to the registry entry? I think it would be a shame if that is not carried forward.
    Natalie,

Also, I think it would bet helpful if Q would put a Quicken Version/Release reference on their online documentation to better indicate what may be outdated.
    :s

I still have several online account that are "awaiting to next bill", with current bills online.

What are the conditions that will put a bill in this state?
    Hello @williamspl,

Thank you for providing additional feedback!

I went ahead and submitted a request to have the referenced outdated Support Article updated to include current information for Quicken Windows 2020. 

Additionally, please see the information available here for more details regarding Online Payees and Payments in Quicken. 

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

Natalie,

Thank you for the followup.

I have another question.

Years ago you could change the online payee lead time in Q; but now I don't see where you can.

Is this now controlled by the online payee or the bill pay financial institution?
    Good morning @williamspl,

To clarify, the Lead Time is determined by the Financial Institution and unfortunately cannot be changed from within Quicken. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.