Description field contains information that I'm unable to print

In addition to # of shares and the share price the description field contains the date of purchase. I can't figure out how to have Quicken create a report that contains all the information in the description field. I'm running Ver R24.11 on a PC. TIA

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @AbitDull

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I did a little digging in the reports and unfortunately, could not create an investment report that included the Description field in the report details, I apologize.

I was however able to create an Itemized Categories report, customized to include only the investment account which does include some of the information from the Description field.

If this report does not serve your purposes, I would recommend submitting an Idea post to the Community requesting this capability be added to Quicken.

Idea threads are reviewed by our Development Teams for insight on what future features/functionality our Users would like to see added to Quicken.  Ideas are able to be voted on by other Members of the Community and the more votes an Idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible implementation.

In the meantime, as a workaround, I would recommend exporting the Investment Transactions Report (Reports > Investments > Investment Transactions) to an Excel file and manually adding the Description field contents.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there is any further questions/concerns the Community may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AbitDull -- the fundamental aspect is that you have given us no information about where you are seeing the type of description field you cite.  In an investment account transaction list, I see the shares and price/share concatenated into a description, but I don't know of anywhere Quicken adds the date to that information.  My brokerages sometimes supplies more information for the memo field than Quicken can handle, but that is not a 'description' field.

I think you need to clarify what you are seeing and not seeing and where (reports or screens) you are looking.