Quicken Premier 2019 for Mac matches transactions and CHANGES AMOUNTS automatically

Teresa S
Teresa S Member ✭✭
 It's been a headache for me since i got it. I was all balanced perfectly, and now it downloads my Chase checking transactions and CHANGES MY AMOUNTS in my register and matches them with another WRONG transaction with that transaction's amount! (edited)

Best Answers

Answers

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    And, it changes [my] date (the ACTUAL date) of the transaction to the [cleared] date! [rant redacted]
  • mharris1
    mharris1 Member ✭✭
    My Wells Fargo mortgage has the same issue - I had balanced to my statements starting in Jan, when I updated to this new release of Quicken, it went back and changed all these reconciled amounts from the past and added some "adjustments"- trying to make things match up to the online statement (I believe)- but now the amounts paid are all wrong.
    I would go back and reconstruct the entire mess but unless I have a sense that quicken has fixed things I don't want to make things worse
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    [rant redacted]

I was reconciled through July, and now I need to figure out all those transactions the download went back and 'auto matched' [and] changed their amounts. It's crazy! It changes $59.99 to $60.00, for example...anything that is even [close] to the posted bank amount! How is this possible? [Allow the download transactions to turn off auto matching!]
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Oh, and after successfully correcting these auto match errors, it'll go back and do it [all over again] if i don't balance and another download happens. And, when i say i don't match, i say the 'system' doesn't correctly balance. I'll "reconcile" and items i know i 'cleared' or relate to this reconciliation period do [not] show up in the reconciliation window list of transactions...i [have to] re-download, then correct the transactions, then they'll appear in the reconciliation window. [rant redacted]
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    When is this going to be fixed!? Why isn't this a top priority? Downloaded transactions change the AMOUNTS of manually input transactions, even ones that are marked cleared/reviewed! And, it changes the DATE of the manual transaction to the downloaded transaction date! Again, why isn't this being fixed??
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Teresa S  I can understand your frustration, but this is a user community forum, and we fellow users here can't answer questions about why an issue hasn't been fixed. Yelling or ranting will get your posts redacted or removed but won't help; we're all trying to help each other here. On occasion, the Mac product manager posts in this forum, and he's the only one who could address (a) whether they're aware of the issue and (b) the prognosis for a fix.

Do you know if this started happening with the latest 5.12 series of releases, or did you have this problem previously?

It seems very odd to me that if there's some general problem with Quicken changing dollar amounts of transactions, there aren't a lot of people reporting this. So I'm thinking it must be some combination of factors, but I don't have a theory about what that might be.

Have you tried using the Report A Problem feature on the Quicken Help menu to report this? You won't get a reply, which is frustrating, but it's the best way to try to get an issue in front of the developers. You should copy and paste a link to this thread in your text, so someone at Quicken can hopefully see more context.

The other alternative is contacting Quicken Support via a phone support session, where a representative can connect to your Quicken and see what you're seeing. (Hopefully, you could replicate the problem "live" so they could see it.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Thank you! It's happened ever since i updated to Quicken Premier 2019.
  • brodonium
    brodonium Member
    I just noticed this happening as well. Changed the amount of two similar transactions, one of which I had pre-entered, the other I had not yet.
  • Gretchen P
    Gretchen P Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Quicken Deluxe 2020 randomly changes amounts of transactions, often days after they've been downloaded. It's maddening. I *think* it's only happening on one Chase account, but I'm not 100% sure since it's been going on for months.
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    THIS STILL IS NOT FIXED! It seems it is not changing amounts anymore (which is definitely maddening as I've been out of balance since AUGUST (when I upgraded) when I WASN'T...and I can no longer 'reconcile' the account as it shows a HUGE difference!), but it is still going back and 'matching' OLD, REVIEWED, CLEARED transactions. So, it's still adjusting PAST transactions I've already reviewed & cleared! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!? Once I review & clear a transaction it should be UNTOUCHABLE!!?? And, another piece of this terrible programming is when you do grab a downloaded transaction and pull it on top of its matched transaction i manually entered, it CHANGES THE DATE of the transaction to be the 'download' date instead of MY ACTUAL date of the transaction. This needs to be fixed as well! If i'm trying to tick and tie and I have 25 transaction on the same date, I can't have the program changing the date of the transactions once i find their match!!!!
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I just found how to turn off the match date to keep my actual date of my transaction instead of the download date. The logic would be to have the default be the ACTUAL transaction date; why isn't it?
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    How do we turn off to auto-match downloaded transactions!?
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    This is STILL matching transactions with DIFFERENT amounts, yet now it's finally NOT changing the OLD, already cleared+reviewed amount! How on Earth does the programming allow downloaded transactions to not only match to already cleared/reviewed transactions, but to ones that have a different amount!? You've fixed the part where it would CHANGE this old, already reconciled amount, but now it matches it to these old transactions even if the amounts are different!
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    [removed - rant/off-topic]
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teresa S said:
    This is STILL matching transactions with DIFFERENT amounts, yet now it's finally NOT changing the OLD, already cleared+reviewed amount! How on Earth does the programming allow downloaded transactions to not only match to already cleared/reviewed transactions, but to ones that have a different amount!? You've fixed the part where it would CHANGE this old, already reconciled amount, but now it matches it to these old transactions even if the amounts are different!
    Do you by any chance use Quicken Mobile?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    (Removed-Rant)
  • jacobs
    @“Teresa S” As I wrote in response to one of your previous posts in this thread, this is a forum of Quicken users who try to help each other. I understand that you are frustrated, but you are writing as if you’re talking to the programmer of Quicken. You’re not; we’re just fellow users like you.
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    And so do you know if there’s a way to turn OFF auto matching!?
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Besides the imperative need to allow to turn OFF auto matching, where is the Status option "Matched?" [removed]
    We need both options, to turn OFF auto matching as well as display only "matched" transactions (AND then by specific dates) so that I can narrow down this arduous task of getting back in balance! And, when reconciling, I'm now off an amount I have no idea what it's made of! Again, I WAS all reconciled, but the program continues to download transactions and auto-match them to prior RECONCILED/CLEARED/REVIEWED transactions, even with NON-MATCHING amounts! It gives the option to START FRESH, but I am VERY SCARED of what this will do [removed - rant/off-topic]
  • jacobs
    This forum is primarily for user-to-user support; it is not Quicken Support. Whatever happened to your data, it doesn’t seem to be a widespread problem affecting a large number of users. (By the way, Intuit has not owned Quicken for a number of years.)
This discussion has been closed.