unable to connect to santander and download transactions

Best Answer

Answers

• kmercog412
    kmercog412 Member ✭✭
    is there another problem with downloading transactions through one step update with santander bank yet again? happens to me like every 3 months or every time there is a new update of quicken.
  • Hello @kmercog412,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used. Additionally, do you receive any error messages?

Let us know!

-Quicken Natalie

• richakaye
    richakaye Member ✭✭
    Syncing with Santander is a regular, recurring issue. I've reported this to Quicken multiple times.
  • bhangen1
    bhangen1 Member ✭✭
    Can anyone help? I have not been able to even connect to Santander (checking & credit card) Bank since October 2019. Any time I try I get:

Server communication error
    Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our server.

Sync Error
    Warning

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our server.
    Try again later. If the error persists contact Quicken Support.

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR
    (QCS_SERVER_ERROR: client.response.xml.validation

I have been on both Quicken and Santander support for hours. No one seems to know what to do, but the last person I spoke with said it was a "known" error and that "we're working on it" and "it's maybe 75% complete in fixing".

But it's been four months that I haven't been able to sync my bank statements, so I'm beginning to wonder if it makes sense to even be a "member" of Quicken??

Any help -- even an understanding response -- would be helpful.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @bhangen1,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with downloading your Santander account(s) in Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used.

You can find this information by going to Accounts>Settings, with the account highlighted in the account bar:

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

(edited to include correct image for Mac)

• bhangen1
    bhangen1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Natalie, for responding. I'm still having no success with Santander, not just downloading transactions (which I've done for years), but I can't even connect to Santander AT ALL. Here's my info:

Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.14.3 (Build 514.31897.100)
    I have Web Connect, through Wi-Fi
    I use a MacBook Pro, MacOS Catalina 10.15.3
    My Santander Bank is just that, not "Corporate" or "Business"

I've had no problems for years, but suddenly last October (2019) syncing stopped. While trying to fix and re-connect, I now can't even connect to the bank at all, which means I'm not getting any downloads. I've been on the phone for hours with both Santander and Quicken support, but no one has been able to fix the issue. It's now 4 months since the downloading stopped and my bank accounts are woefully out of date.

This is getting really frustrating and I need help and some kind of definitive answer.
  • Hello @bhangen1,

Thank you for providing these additional details.

If you have not already done so, please create a new Quicken data file and attempt to add the Santander account(s) as a test to determine if the account(s) can be added in a new file.

You can do so by going to File>New, then select "Start from Scratch" and choose to not sync to mobile and web.

When the window pops up to add a checking account, select Santander Bank from the list and then sign in using your online banking username and password.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• bhangen1
    bhangen1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Natalie. I followed all your steps, and had my fingers crossed when I got the pop-up message "connecting to your bank", but it didn't work....again. No connection to the bank, and I got the same message I've been getting for months now:

Sync Error
    Warning
    Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
    Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (QCS_SERVER_ERROR:client.response.xml.validation)

Now what?!?
This discussion has been closed.