BUG: Quicken Mobile for iPhone is incorrectly sorting transactions

Scott Rose
Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
We're using Quicken Mobile for iPhone, and we've noticed a bug.

We have each account set to sort by "Date New to Old".

This means is that the newest transactions should appear at the top.

However, if we enter in multiple transactions for the exact same day, Quicken Mobile puts the newest transactions for that day at the BOTTOM (instead of the top) of that day's grouping.

In other words, let's say we enter in these 3 transactions into Quicken Mobile in this exact order:

Transaction #1 (entered in the morning): Feb 2, 2020 Food $50
Transaction #2 (entered in the afternoon): Feb 2, 2020 Groceries $30
Transaction #3 (entered in the night): Feb 2, 2020 Movie $20

Since we have chosen to sort them from newest to oldest, we would expect those items to appear in Quicken Mobile in this order:

Transaction #3 (entered in the night): Feb 2, 2020 Movie $20
Transaction #2 (entered in the afternoon): Feb 2, 2020 Groceries $30
Transaction #1 (entered in the morning): Feb 2, 2020 Food $50

That's exactly how they show up in Quicken for Mac, which is exactly how they're supposed to show up when sorting from "Date New to Old"!

However, Quicken Mobile puts them in this order:

Transaction #1 (morning): Feb 2, 2020 Food $50
Transaction #2 (afternoon): Feb 2, 2020 Groceries $30
Transaction #3 (night): Feb 2, 2020 Movie $20

To make matters worse, if we create a brand new transaction on Quicken Mac, it will ALWAYS put it at the end of the transactions for that particular day on Quicken Mobile.

So the big problem here is this:

When you combine all of our Quicken Mac transactions with all of our Quicken Mobile transactions, and then you try to view them sorted from "Date New to Old" on Quicken Mobile, we are continuously confused & forever lost when trying to find our most recent transactions on Quicken Mobile, because they're actually NOT appearing from newest to oldest.

When we chose to sort by "Date New to Old", we expect all of our transactions to appear in reverse chronological order, and if multiple items appear on the exact same day, then the newest transaction that was typed in needs to always appear at the top... NOT at the bottom of that day's groupings.

Thanks,
Scott 

Comments

• Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    UPDATE ON THIS BUG:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROBLEM ONLY AFFECTS THE iPhone. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE iPad!

Sorting from "Date New to Old" on the iPad works absolutely perfectly — it mimics the sorting on the Mac.

But sorting from "Date New to Old" on the iPhone does NOT work as expected.

So this bug only affects the iPhone — it does not affect the iPad nor the Mac.

Both the iPad and the Mac sort properly, but the iPhone does NOT sort properly.

Can you please fix on the iPhone?

Thank you,
    Scott

• Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    Oh, I guess it ISN’T fixed on iPad... the same problem is happening to me right now on the iPad. 

So the problem affects the entire Quicken Mobile product line, not just iPhone.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Scott Rose

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend submitting feedback to the Mobile Development team from the Menu > Feedback area of the Mobile App.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    Tyra, how many people do you guys even have working on Quicken Mobile? Zero? One person? This app is the worst mobile app that I have ever used in my entire life. I’ve got over 50 bugs and improvements needed for this app. It’s bordering on criminal that you guys charge us monthly for Quicken, but never make the mobile app usable. Why don’t you have your one engineer call me on the phone, so I can discuss the 50+ problems with this app.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Scott,

Thank you for the response, as the Community is mainly a user to user forum.

If you were looking for a more hands-on approach in reporting bugs to Quicken I would recommend that you take a look at Beta Testing.

You may also report issues to Quicken Care directly.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    Where is the beta program? Oh, never mind — I see that you linked to it.
This discussion has been closed.