How do I void a transaction in my Mac checking register

I would like to void a transaction not delete it in my checking register on a mac. I don't see that option in the edit column. How do you void a transition?

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There is no void function per se. But it's not really necessary. Just change the payee to "Void", change the amount to zero and check the reconcile box. For some reason, Quicken won't let you use "VOID" as the payee. I like to use "*VOID*". I also like to note the original payee and amount in the memo field for future reference.

Sure, having a void function would reduce a little bit of typing. But really, how often do you do this? NBD.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There is no void function per se. But it's not really necessary. Just change the payee to "Void", change the amount to zero and check the reconcile box. For some reason, Quicken won't let you use "VOID" as the payee. I like to use "*VOID*". I also like to note the original payee and amount in the memo field for future reference.

Sure, having a void function would reduce a little bit of typing. But really, how often do you do this? NBD.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • rowillis
    rowillis Member
    When working with several different Files you'd be surprised how often Void comes into the equation, and yes it would be very nice to have that option made simpler.
This discussion has been closed.