Does anyone know how to print a budget without the "Actual" and "Difference" columns?

I'm trying to print just the budget column

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Open the budget, select Annual view and Budget only from the pull-down menus, and press Ctrl + P.
  • pjdubman
    pjdubman Member ✭✭
    Yes, thank you.
    Do you know if there is an option to just print the Summary column. I can only seem to print all months with summary and it uses too much paper even in landscape orientation.
  • pjdubman
    pjdubman Member ✭✭
    This option only seems to export in a text file and therefore cannot be imported into an Excel spreadsheet. What am I doing wrong?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    pjdubman said:
    This option only seems to export in a text file and therefore cannot be imported into an Excel spreadsheet. What am I doing wrong?
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-or-export-text-txt-or-csv-files-5250ac4c-663c-47ce-937b-339e391393ba
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    pjdubman said:
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-or-export-text-txt-or-csv-files-5250ac4c-663c-47ce-937b-339e391393ba
    @pjdubman
    Along with what Sherlock gave you for how to import text file in Excel there is a "trick" in Quicken's export too.

In the Print dialog, on the Export to: menu there are three choices.
    Text file
    tab-delimited (Excel compatible) disk file
    .RRN (123-compatible) disk file

The tab-delimited file is will work better than the "Text file", but you will still need to go through the same dialogs in Excel to tell it is tab-delimited.

The trick is that .PRN format is actual CSV.

So if you print to that format, and just change the name so ends in .csv instead of .prn.  You can open it directly into Excel or any other spreadsheet program.

I wish the developers would change it because no one uses .PRN any more, but LOTS of people use CSV.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
This discussion has been closed.