Edit payee's list

Is there a way to edit the payee's list. It is showing places from vacations three years ago that I will probably never visit again. Scrolling the list takes forever.

Ideas? Tried editing my Desktop memorized list and that doesn't affect it. Read that maybe the web side controlled it but there isn't a payees list there. Then another thread said that doesn't work.

How do I cut the list down?

Paul

Comments

• dnshome
    dnshome Member ✭✭
    In the past you could do an archive of your old transactions and that would remove old payee's as well. If you decide to try that make sure you perform a back-up operation just in case something goes wrong. If you would like to keep your files as they are just go into Tools menu and select the Memorized Payee List, on the bottom of the pop-up screen select the Options tab. Once selected another pop-up list will appear, at the bottom you will see Memorized Payee List Maintenance, once you click on that there are several options you seem to be looking for that I have never tried. So back-up and use at your own risk. Good-luck.
  • Paul Proefrock
    Paul Proefrock Member ✭✭✭
    DNSHome
    Appreciate your comments, but that approach doesn't work. Already tried and failed (although it did clean up my desktop quite nicely)

I suspect the Payee list is generated by reading ALL fields of the database and compiling a list, regardless of usage or age.

How 'bout it Quicken, would you chime in with a solution?

Paul
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul Proefrock

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please try this in the desktop version of Quicken.
    1. Choose Edit menu > Preferences. 
    2. In the left pane, click Data entry and QuickFill. 
    3. Select Remove memorized payees not used in last [x] months, and enter the number of months after which unused payees will be deleted.
    At this time, there are no options to remove or limit the payees shown from the mobile app.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Paul Proefrock
    Paul Proefrock Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka
    I had already limited that to 2 months and I also cleaned out the memorized transactions. Nothing seems to work.

I suspect the list for Mobile is reading the field for categories & name and disregarding whether they are set to hidden

Is the development for Mobile done in-house or is it farmed out? Someone isn't listening or talking to management or users, from my observations

Paul
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @Paul Proefrock

Thank you for the response. 

As the Community is mainly a user to user forum, and there currently is no option manually limit payees displayed in the mobile app, I would recommend submitting feedback directly to the Mobile Development team.

This can be done by emailing:

mobilefeedback@quicken.com

Please provide details on how this feature could function better for your purposes.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.