Why cannot budget categories stay in some sort of order?

My budget categories keep changing order every click I make. I even went and changed the category names to have numbers in front thinking that would be a no brainer. Nope, Categories still list in whatever order they want, and they never stay he same. WHYYYYYY?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where, exactly, do you see that? The Category List? A report? (Which one?)
    If you're having problems with generated Category reports, go into Edit / Preferences / Reports only and make sure that the box "Category display" is set to "Name".
  • pmrussell892
    pmrussell892 Member ✭✭✭
    under the planning tab > Budgets > Displayed as graph.
  • pmrussell892
    pmrussell892 Member ✭✭✭
    I should probably also add that the categories display and stay in the correct order when looking at my budget on the web, and on mobile.

1 Fixed Expenses
    2 Variable Expenses
    3 Personal Income

The order they appear in the desktop app is the only place they show as they please.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @pmrussell892,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Would you mind providing more information regarding this? What specifically are you clicking on that results in a reorder of the Categories on the Budget screen? 

My Budget appears to display in alphabetical order based on the parent Category and I am unable to replicate this.

Please let us know!

-Quicken Natalie

• pmrussell892
    pmrussell892 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Typically happens when I right click on a parent category and select "mixed /default group type" ignore. Which I have to choose else my custom categories display twice. But when I click this option the categories are re-ordered, and the actual for the budget is removed.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @pmrussell892,

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm still unable to replicate a reordering of my Budget Categories when choosing to ignore the "mixed/default group type", other than the placement of the "grouped" Categories at the top.

As you're seeing duplicate Categories when this option is not selected, there may be something going on with the Budget or the Categories themselves. 

Have you attempted to create a new Budget to determine if the issue continues to occur there, by chance?

You may also consider contacting Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, including the ability to screen share with you, and can best work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.