QWin Deluxe vs Premium currency features (edited for searchability)

Stan Moderate
Stan Moderate Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Before you Buy
Hi, with today's email announcement that my QWin Premium 2017 will cease to update exchange rates and stock prices after April I am looking to upgrade to a subscription.

Can anyone advise if Subscription Deluxe offers the same full Multi Currency features as my current 2017 Premium or must I purchase a Subscription to Premium? Other than currencies I do not need the additional features that Premium offers over Deluxe.

Thanks

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stan Moderate,

The currency conversions built into Quicken in past versions (I am currently using Q 2017) have worked well, so I would expect the same from the subscription model/

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Hi Frankx

Appreciate the swift reply. I have tried other software claiming Multi Currencies but they simply allow you to use different symbols (£, $, ¥ etc), the actual amounts stay the same when transferring between accounts of differing currencies.

Just to be clear can you confirm that transfers from one currency account convert to the receiving account using the rates in the Currency List?

Much appreciated.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stan Moderate,

The currency conversions built into Quicken in past versions (I am currently using Q 2017) have worked well, so I would expect the same from the subscription model/

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    "So, there is no reason to expect a change in behavior in this area. "
    "so I would expect the same from the subscription model"

I can confirm that nothing has changed in the currency support in Quicken Subscription, neither more or less.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Thanks all, I shall go ahead with the purchase :)
This discussion has been closed.