Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I have been unable to download information to Quicken from Bank of America for a month.

I have contacted Quicken support several times (see, for example, Ticket ID 7343763) and have spent what seems like hours on the phone. I have been assured that the bug in the Quicken program that apparently has caused the problem has been fixed. I try almost daily to try to create a new download connection with my bank (we eliminated the old one during the efforts by Quicken support to diagnose the problem) I get part of the way through the connection exercise but get stopped at the same point --"Quicken cannot connect with my bank." This has been going on for a month now. Can you suggest what I might try?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Are you trying to set up online services via Direct Connect?  If so, you might be out of luck.  The BofA website says:  "Please note: Quicken DirectConnect is no longer supported for new users."  It could well be that your trying to set up a new connection now is being recognized by BofA as a "new user."  (https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/online-financial-management-faqs/) 
    I'm a QW user, not QMac, and BofA is not one of my FIs so I don't know if this will work but you might want to give it a shot if you haven't already tried it.  When I've had issues trying to set up an online connection with one of my FIs I have sometimes been successful by first using Web Connect (download the Quicken file from my online bank account and import it into Quicken).  Then I would go into Account Details and click on the Online Services tab to confirm that Web Connect was set up and sometimes there would be a message that an improved connection method was available.  By clicking on the link for that message I have sometimes been successful in changing the connection method to Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.19 on Windows 10)
  • jastrzab42
    jastrzab42 Member ✭✭
    As of February 10, 2020, Bank of America credit card transactions fail to download automatically using Quicken for Mac v5.14.3. This applies to all of my BoA credit card accounts. I am able to download transactions from the BoA website using Web Connect, but this involves several extra steps. BoA service representatives are unable to offer any solution for this problem.

Quicken's attempt to contact the BoA website using automatic transaction download is timing out after entering username, password, and the two-factor authentication code. Quicken's window repeatedly requests a new authentication code. Please advise.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Bank customer service people typically know squat about Quicken.  You need to be talking with their technical service people.  Best of wishes in getting this resolved.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.19 on Windows 10)
  • jastrzab42
    jastrzab42 Member ✭✭
    This is likely a Quicken problem, not a bank problem. BoA service representatives were contacted to see if this problem had also been reported to them. There were no BoA automatic transaction download problems before the last couple of Quicken updates.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on Version 5.14.3 (Build 514.31897.100) and luckily I'm not having any issues with BofA. I downloaded new transactions as late as this morning. I am attaching a screenshot showing the FI details.

Good luck with this. I hope it gets fixed for you soon.

• maggyeads
    maggyeads Member ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone who answered. I'm trying the suggestions, but none have worked so far. I'll keep on trying.
    George Eads
This discussion has been closed.