"Corrupt" QEL file

Options
Every time I run the Validate and Repair routine, I get the message: "QEL: The old file was corrupt and only some of the data has been recovered." What do I do about that? Is there a way to delete a QEL file and start from scratch? This error message seems to be related to the problem with my budgets always getting deleted. Everything else seems to work about as expected. I am a very long time Quicken user.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi @John Dozier,

Can you tell us what version of Quicken you are running?  I don't think recent versions (i.e. for the last 8 or 9 years) have used separate QEL files.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually, the QEL file, along with several other "helper" type files is encapsulated into the combined QDF ... within which is the actual QDF/etc.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• John Dozier
    John Dozier Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am running 2020 Version R24.14 Build 27.1.24.14
  • John Dozier
    John Dozier Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Markus1957. I did the Copy routine, opened the new copy, and ran the normal validate. The resulting validation log showed no QEL read errors. Now to test drive it for a while.
This discussion has been closed.