I need help with transaction download

I'm running 5.14.3 and when I attempted to update an account that had not been updated in 2019 it brought down transactions from my credit card company for 2 months but not the entire year. So I went to the CC website and downloaded the rest of the transactions for the rest of the year into a QFX file. But when I attempt to import the transactions (drag and drop or open the file) a window opens saying it's processing the transactions but when it's done the transactions have not been added to the account????

Best Answer

• jimbishop122247
    jimbishop122247 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here's the solution to my problem:
    I was able to download the transactions to a new account. Then rather than copy and paste I was able to select all the transactions and drag and drop the transactions to the correct account. Seems very strange but I've got all my transactions into the correct account.
    Thanks to all who offered help.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It sounds like your CC company only provides two months of history. Different banks provide a different range of historical data. That QFX file likely doesn't have anything older in it.

While each bank is different, investment accounts usually give about 1-2 years, and cash and credit giving about 90 days appears most common.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jimbishop122247,

It is possible that because you've activated downloading on the account, that may be interfering with the import.  I would suggest that you temporarily deactivate the transaction downloading on the account and then try the import. Also whether it works or not, remember to reactivate the downloading feature.

Let me know how yo make out.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Another possibility: the imported transactions went into a new account register. If so, no problem. You can drag and drop them from that account to the original account in the sidebar. Then delete the new account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jimbishop122247
    jimbishop122247 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here's the solution to my problem:
    I was able to download the transactions to a new account. Then rather than copy and paste I was able to select all the transactions and drag and drop the transactions to the correct account. Seems very strange but I've got all my transactions into the correct account.
    Thanks to all who offered help.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jimbishop122247,

Glad that it worked out!

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.