Android Mobile App Broken

I recently bought Quicken for Windows and it allows me to use the browser and mobile phone app as well. However, when I went to use the Android app it was completely broken. On the browser version it loads my account information properly and even on the app it seems it loads my investment section properly, but the accounts are not present at all.

I took a screenshot, but it doesn't look like I can upload images to this forum post.

I have tried reinstalling the app, logging out and in again, not allowing syncing and then allowing again, changing my password, and re-adding the accounts. I feel as though I have exhausted every possible step and found no solution.

My dad also got the same Quicken version as I did at the same time, maybe a day before, and his app works properly.

I am at a loss for what to do next so if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I tried contacting Quicken support, but the link on the chat page is broken and doesn't start a chat.

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @a10kendall

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still experiencing missing account data in the Mobile App and haven't already, please review the information available here and let us know if this helps to restore the missing account details.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • a10kendall
    a10kendall Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Sarah,

I went through each of the steps on the help page, but nothing resolved the issue. I would like to reiterate that I am only having problems with the app itself, the browser version works fine. The app shows that I don't have any accounts and upon closer investigation, the investments portion is out of date even though I have reset the data multiple times. I would really like to get this resolved so that I can start using the app to take photos of my receipts.

Thank you,
  • a10kendall
    a10kendall Member ✭✭
    Here is an image of what the app looks like. It seems broken to me.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @a10kendall

Thank you for the response and including a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Please take a moment to review and confirm the following:

If you are missing transactions you were expecting to see on the Mobile App, there may be a few causes.

Are you using the same Quicken ID?
    First, verify that you are signed into the correct Quicken ID. The Quicken ID you sign into on the Mobile App needs to be the same one you use in Quicken on your computer. To verify the Quicken ID in Quicken on your computer, go to Edit > Preferences then Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. On the Mobile App, sign out (located in Settings) then sign back in using the same Quicken ID you just confirmed you're using on your computer.

Are you viewing the correct data file?
    After signing into the Mobile App, you will be given a list of data files associated with your Quicken ID. Here you can select which data file from Quicken on your computer you want to view on the Mobile App. If you are missing transactions on the Mobile App, make certain you are viewing the same data file you have open on your computer. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • a10kendall
    a10kendall Member ✭✭
    Hello Tyka,

Yes, I am using the same Quicken ID. I have a password manager and it is the only Quicken profile I have.

I am also sure I am using the correct data file because when I went through the steps before to delete and create a new Quicken file it gave me the option to select different files on the app. Now that I have deleted that new temporary file I am only using the current a10kendall Quicken file. That is the only Quicken file I have now anyways.

I would like to refer you back to the image, because in my opinion it seems like the app is broken. The circular add button is partially hidden behind another dialog box when it should be accessible to click on.

Thank you for the response,
    A10kendall
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @a10kendall

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

I am currently unable to recreate this issue, and the app appears to be working as expected.

At this point, I would recommend contacting support. As you mentioned having difficulties contacting support, I would recommend contacting by phone.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

If you would like to contact via chat, I would check for pop-blockers or try connecting using a different browser.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • a10kendall
    a10kendall Member ✭✭
    Tyka,

Thank you, I'll do that and if possible I will reply here with a solution.

Thanks,
    A10kendall
This discussion has been closed.