where can I find the number quicken assigned to my bank account?

I'm trying to convert PDF bank transactions to QFX and the software is asking for this information.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sprudent
    Sprudent Member ✭✭
    I have about 2 years of data that I want to import into my quicken and would like to do it quickly.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not aware of, haven't heard of, any such software.
    If you'd care to name your bank, we might be able to provide more detailed help.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sprudent
    Sprudent Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. My FI is TDBank, and they only make data older than 90 days available in PDF format.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with a PDF > QDF conversion utility. Perhaps one exists, but since it's asking for your bank account number, be very suspicious as to the legitimacy of this conversion software.
  • Sprudent
    Sprudent Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding, GoeffG! I think I'm going to bear down and enter my information manually.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you set up this account for download into Q?  Because, from that setup, Q would already know your "account number" ... and there IS NO other "number" that Q uses with your accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sprudent said:
    I'm trying to convert PDF bank transactions to QFX and the software is asking for this information.
    GeoffG said:
    since it's asking for your bank account number, be very suspicious as to the legitimacy of this conversion software.
    I'd guess software for creating a QXF File is asking for the bank ID (INTU.BID) number for the file, not the user's bank account number.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    Sprudent said:
    GeoffG said:
    since it's asking for your bank account number, be very suspicious as to the legitimacy of this conversion software.
    I'd guess software for creating a QXF File is asking for the bank ID (INTU.BID) number for the file, not the user's bank account number.

I have never used this software, but I can think of a reason why it would ask for the account number.  Quicken (and I guess other software) use the account number to decide what account to import into.  As in the first time you import with a given account number it asks you what account to import it into.  That "connects" the online account with the Quicken account, so that Quicken doesn't have to ask you every time you import a QFX file for a given account.

Note that if the Quicken account in question wasn't already connected to a given online account number then you most likely could use any number as long as you continued to use that same account number.  Or said another way you could disconnect the account from download, import the QFX using any account number, and then disconnect it again and reconnect it to the "real one".

Also they might in fact ask for the INTU.BID number, which will decide on what financial institution it is "connected to".  Again, that could be the "real one" or any temporary one.  BTW I do believe (not sure) it is a combination of the INTU.BID/financial institution and the account number that Quicken locks into for deciding the right Quicken account to import into just to prevent a case where two identical accounts numbers come from two different financial institutions.  But I'm sure that at least the account number is used.

Note that even when it is the "real account number" that doesn't mean that your full account number is actually used.  As in some financial institutions will send something like XXX-YYYY-1234, (only the 1234 is from your account number).

This why some people complain that in the details of their Quicken account they can't see the full account number.  It is because the financial institution choose not to send it to Quicken.  Quicken doesn't need it, it just needs a unique number.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
This discussion has been closed.