Use Quicken Mobile to enter transfer from Checking to Property & Debt Account

Options
I have set up an Asset account in Property & Debt where I keep track of monies owed between me and a family member. Yesterday I took cash out of the ATM and lent to my family member. So I tried entering the transaction in the Quicken Mobile app by entering the Cash Withdrawal transaction in my checking account and using the Transfer [Family Member Account] in the category. But the app gives me the following message "Error! This transaction contains a transfer to a loan account. You can only modify, or delete loan account transactions from desktop Quicken"

Does anybody know of a workaround? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @gastonvedani

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I was able to successfully create a transfer from my checking account to the asset account using both the Windows and Mac platforms.

However, the asset account that I have created is not linked to a loan account.

As stated in the error "Error! This transaction contains a transfer to a loan account. You can only modify, or delete loan account transactions from desktop Quicken" loan accounts are currently unsupported by the mobile app at this time.

One option would be to unlink the account from the loan/liability account. This can be found by right-clicking on the account and choosing the Edit/Delete account.

The asset account can then be used in the mobile app. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gastonvedani
    Options
    Thank you for your response. However, my Asset account is not / was never linked to any liability. I am still unable to input transfers using the mobile app because it thinks the asset account is a loan account or is linked to one, when in fact this is not the case.
  • gastonvedani
    Options
    Fantastic! Problem is Fixed!! Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.