Currently using Quicken on multiple PC with dropbox. Want to use on iPad

Do I use Dropbox on the iPad to access my Quicken DB OR do I still use DropBox between PCs and use use the online SYNC function for the mobile access (iPad)?
Thx in advance.
JB

Best Answers

Answers

• jbm3238
    jbm3238 Member ✭✭
    Want to remain using on PCs also.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The iPad/Web version use sync technology that does not need DropBox. You would sync the Quicken app not backup/restore.
  • jbm3238
    jbm3238 Member ✭✭
    Yes thank you - Also just verified w/Quicken how lame the mobile app is - only works when you have an internet connection. Not for me - I'll keep it on my laptop that I can use OFFLINE!!
  • Alin
    Alin Member ✭✭✭✭
    So using Quicken on multiple computers thru Dropbox works? Don't care if is supported or not, i 'm interested to know people's experience with it.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Quicken on multiple computers has always been possible. Dropbox is only a conduit like NAS, flashdrive or other cloud storage. The only way this can be accomplished is through backup from one PC and restore to another. It can be done, but is really only good for occasional use, like when going on vacation. I would not use weekly or daily.
  • jbm3238
    jbm3238 Member ✭✭
    We have been using Dropbox and Quicken for years - you just have to make sure you close it on the PC and then wait for DB to upload it. Then wait until it is "Synced" (downloaded) to the other PC that you want to open it on. We share through DB on 3 PCs and a laptop for traveling. If you violate the "rule" above and don't wait, you can get the "Conflicted copy" issue.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jbm3238

You're playing with fire, as @smayer97 posted, "Though some do try the latter and it does appear to work, this frequently leads to data corruption that is sometimes irreversible even with backups  because damage can go undetected for a while and carry over into backup files."

Please don't come back here complaining about file corruption or that Quicken says you need Quicken 2004 to open the data file.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.