CC-885 Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support has been discontinued

JanineT
JanineT Member
I am using Quicken for Mac v 5.14.3, and I am trying to download from my Nordstrom Visa. I am getting this error message: "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for you financial institution has been temporarily or permanently discontinued (CC-885). It literally worked one day and not the next. I have waited several days, and I'm getting the same error. HELP! This is my main credit card, and I am a fanatic about keeping my books.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which bank is the Nordstrom CC Visa -
    or do you setup Quicken with "Nordstrom" as the bank CC name

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JanineT
    JanineT Member
    Nordstrom Bank.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the MAC version of the supported banks,
    but the Windows version is still active
    12139    12139    12139    Nordstrom Card Account    https://www.nordstrom.com/    1-888-282-6060    https://www.nordstromcard.com/login    ACTIVE        
    CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the listings in QMac for Nordstrom and it does look like they only support Quicken Connect.
    12139 12139 12139 Nordstrom Card Account https://www.nordstrom.com/ 1-888-282-6060 https://www.nordstromcard.com/login ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA
    Only Nordstrom Federal CU supports Web Connect (I do not claim to know the difference between these 2 FIs/banks).
    49941 49941 49941 Nordstrom Federal Credit Union http://www.nordcu.org/ (800) 688-5442 https://onlinebanking.nordcu.org/nocu/Login.aspx ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• JanineT
    JanineT Member
    I'm not sure what that means. How do I get it to work? I download the files and import manually. The error says Web Connect has been temporarily or permanently discontinued, but when I spot to Quicken, they said it's fine on their end. Could it be my bank? I'm not even sure who to call.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What specific version are you using? If the subscription version, when does your subscription expire?

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• JanineT
    JanineT Member
    I'm using Quicken for Mac v 5.14.3. I could buy the new version and see if that changes anything, but when I called Quicken, the didn't suggest that.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the latest version. When does you membership expire?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanineT said:
     I download the files and import manually. The error says Web Connect has been temporarily or permanently discontinued,
    Why are you doing this manually - vs the One Step Update ?
    Also, there are TWO downloading methods mentioned above, and it appears the Quicken Windows version supports both - but the Quicken Mac version may only support the "online" downloading - and not the manual download and Import -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JanineT
    JanineT Member
    I don't know what you mean about a membership. I just own the software. I have never used One Step Update. I have always gone to each bank/credit card and downloaded the content. What is online downloading? Is that the one step deal? I didn't want to put my passwords into their system, so I never did it that way.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current version of QMac that you are using is called a subscription membership. It supports the ability to access services online and includes the ability to allow manually downloaded data to be imported into Quicken but only for a specific period of time.

So, let's try another way, when did you last pay for QMac?
    Did you buy it directly from Quicken or from a 3rd party?
    What was the length of the subscription you purchased? Was it 1 year, 2 years?

You can also simply check the expiration date of your software via About Quicken under the Quicken menu or by logging into your Quicken.com account.

• JanineT
    JanineT Member
    I'm sorry; I thought I replied to this message.

My expiration date says 12/3/2020, and I bought it directly from Quicken.

Are you saying that if I set up automatic with OneStep Update that it will work? Am I understanding that correctly?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hello @JanineT

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to respond and provide more details.

When adding/connecting an account for Nordstrom, the only option to download transactions is "Quicken Connect."

In the screen above, you'll notice that "Web Connect" is greyed out, this means this is unavailable for this financial institution.

While downloading a file from the bank's website and importing the file into Quicken seems like a "manual" task, this is in fact a connection type. The financial institution decides which connection methods are offered for connecting in Quicken.

To learn more about the different connection types in Quicken, please see the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

To enable an account for transaction download, start by selecting the account you would like to connect on the left-hand side of Quicken.

Then, navigate to "Settings" in the bottom right-hand corner.

There you will see an option to "Set Up Transaction Download."

Once you have selected the "Set Up Transaction Download" search for "Nordstrom" select continue and sign in using the credentials for Nordstrom that you use at the financial institution's website.

Once, this is complete, be sure to "LINK" the account to the existing Quicken account and not "ADD." 

Please let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JanineT
    JanineT Member
    I think that might have worked! Thank you! (And I love your screen name!)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanineT said:
    I think that might have worked! Thank you! (And I love your screen name!)

Quicken Tyka is a Quicken employee and one of the Moderators of this forum.  Anyone on here with a "Quicken ...." name is an employee of some sort.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JanineT
    JanineT Member
    I had to go through those steps again the next time I tried to download transactions. Is there any way to get the steps to stick, so I don't have to redo them each time?
This discussion has been closed.