Reconciled transaction errors when I sync to the cloud.

I do my banking entries and reconcile statements by hand. Recently, when I sync to the cloud, previously reconciled transactions will be checked as unreconciled. Does anyone know how to correct this? I use the cloud strictly as a backup. I do not access accounts by phone or another terminal.
Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    jhusa said:
    … I use the cloud strictly as a backup. I do not access accounts by phone or another terminal.
    The Quicken Cloud Account that Quicken syncs to for QMobile/Qweb IS NOT A BACKUP.
    It is purely a storage location of SOME of your data for access by either QMobile/QWeb.  If your data file on your desktop/laptop fails for any reason, you can not use the QCA information to restore that data file.  You need to be using Quicken's Backup process on the File menu.
    If you are referring to Dropbox, that is a different story, but it is not considered syncing by Quicken.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • jhusa
    jhusa Member
    Thanks for clarifying. I do use a thumb drive as primary backup so will continue that habit and discontinue synchronizing on-line. I'll communicate the Sync issue to Intuit. Even though it does not serve the purpose I had assumed, something on their end was changing information in my PC files.