Quicken Mac doesn't recognize my annuity

pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
Hello, I have an annuity held at nationwide within Schwab. It contains investments and I am not drawing on it yet. I switched from Qwin to Qmac in jan. Qwin used to recognize the annuity as an investment and tracked it's total holdings if not the investments within it. Qmac thinks its a savings account and does not track it. How can I move the account to the proper area (investments) and is there any way I can get it to track at all? I've tried giving it the user name for Schwab and I've tried giving it the user name/PW for nationwide but it doesn't seem to connect. Any ideas? Thank you, Pamela

Best Answer

Answers

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you John,
    How do you switch a savings account to an investment account? I could not see how to do it? If I go to account settings there is a drop down menu but investment account is not an option.

Schwab definitely supports mac download - I have other accounts there. I can access the nationwide annuity either by going in through schwab or by going to nationwide directly. I believe when I go to schwab it connects to nationwide through a link. Since I can go to the annuity directly through nationwide I tried connecting quicken by setting up an new account directly with nationwide. If I call it an investment account, nationwide does not show up in the bank list. If I call it a savings account, nationwide shows up but it will not connect. It spins for a long long time and then gives an timeout error code and asks me to verify my log in and PW (which I have done).

Thank you
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi, again, Pamela:

You can only switch cash accounts (savings, checking CC, etc.) to other cash account types. That is why you can't get the Account Settings list to show investment accounts in the popup.

Since you are getting errors, it might be best if you reach out to Quicken Support:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

This might still be a Schwab support issue as they can support certain account types on one platform, and not another. (So, some of your accounts may be supported.) It also could be that you need to a different account listing/connection method.

Good luck!

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I will try that.
This discussion has been closed.