Category Report in Category List window. Quicken 2019, R16.22

When right-clicking a category, the pop-up menu sometimes has an 'Category Report' option and sometimes not.

Best Answer

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much. How do you get to know these little tricks - is there a Quicken manual ?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Help-->Getting Started Guide or Help-->Quicken Help is a good place to start.
    For most of us, it's also a matter of inquisitiveness (like, clicking on blue links and tabs in Quicken to see what pops-up, exploring all the different menu and report options, etc.), learning from trial-and-error and troubleshooting, not being afraid to use the Quicken Help feature frequently and from asking questions & reading posts here in Quicken Community.  I've been using Quicken since 2007 and I'm amazed that even after all these years there is still a lot about Quicken that I don't know and am still learning.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    I have used the sources you suggest. There is surely opportunity for a full Quicken manual??
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Help is the closest thing I've seen to full user manual.  There is a ton of information in there (I've found the "Search" feature to be most helpful) but even then there are some things I need to ask other Community members or Quicken Support for help on.  You could do an Internet search to see what other resources might be available but when I've done that I've only found links to guides for basic setup, features and functionality that don't come close to what is included in Quicken Help. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest "Quicken for Windows: The Official Guide" currently in its eighth edition covering the 2018 subscription release is the closest thing to a user manual.  I understand the technical editor for that book is one of the sharpest Quicken users around as well as "the brightest star in the galaxy".  
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    q_lurker said:
     "the brightest star in the galaxy".  
    Surely you can't be Sirius.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    q_lurker said:
     "the brightest star in the galaxy".  
    Surely you can't be Sirius.
    I am not Sirius, but I am also not mishigginstaken!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed the punchline.
    I am Sirius, and don't call me Shirley.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.