can I work on a budget using two different Macs?

I am able to open my quicken file on different Macs. As long as I only have one copy open at a time it works fine. I created a budget on one Mac. Now I want to open this budget with Quicken on my other Mac. How do I do this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• beedecopeland
    beedecopeland Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It turns out I had two different copies that I was accessing. Once I figured that out the budget issue went away. Thanks.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It is not advised to share files between different machines. Proceed at your own risk, and I suggest you make frequent backups.

That said, if you setup the budget, it will be available on any machine you open the file on. So, viewing the budget should be no different than looking at transactions, reports, etc.
  • beedecopeland
    beedecopeland Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It turns out I had two different copies that I was accessing. Once I figured that out the budget issue went away. Thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @beedecopeland  Still, I hope you'll heed the warning about using one Quicken file on multiple Macs. While there are safe ways to do it -- only moving a compressed copy or backup between one Mac and the other and back again -- if you're storing the file on a cloud service, you run the risk of getting locked out of your file due to file permission issues. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.