How can I correct Account Total Market Value which not same as Market Value

An account in the Investments tab is summarized at the bottom of the transactions showing incorrect "Securities Value" and "Total Market Value". When I click on the "Holdings" button, the list of securities correctly lists the holdings and a correct total in the "Market Value" column. Does anyone know how to correct the "Securities Value" and the "Total Market Value"? Thank you, in advance, for suggestions.

Best Answers

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other thing to check:  Click on the blue font "Cash Balance" right above the "Market Value" on the account register screen.  Are the cash balances of what is in Quicken and what was downloaded by your brokerage in agreement or are they different?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the number of shares is right you might have a price dated in the future or a wrong price listed for the current date. Edit the price history to check. Or even a transaction dated in the future.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second the idea to check for a future dated transaction. The transaction list (register) shows your balance after the last transaction. The Holdings view defaults to your balance as of today. You can change this by changing the As of date.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Jones IV
    Tom Jones IV Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jim. Yes. There are only 2 holdings in that account, so balancing is pretty easy.
  • Tom Jones IV
    Tom Jones IV Member ✭✭
    There are not many transactions and no future transactions are shown in the transaction window.
  • Tom Jones IV
    Tom Jones IV Member ✭✭
    Jim, Boatnmaniac, Bob L and volvogirl, Thank you for your advice here. I find this hard to comprehend, but suddenly, I log back in to try Bob L's suggestion and the Total Market Value has corrected itself! Maybe that's one solution: Log out and back in. Anyway, this has now self corrected.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Maybe that's one solution: Log out and back in. Anyway, this has now self corrected.
    Yes. Sometimes that is a valid ‘fix’ and it should be on the ‘try this’ list. 
This discussion has been closed.