Home Welcome to the Community! Questions about using the Community?

How do you reopen a closed discussion?

I opened a discussion and someone else closed it. Who? Why?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the Moderators can close, or re-open discussions.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only a moderator may close and reopen a discussion.  I have flagged your request to a moderator.  I suggest you identify the discussion you would like reopened.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • John PrewittJohn Prewitt Member ✭✭
    edited February 17
    My discussion about "Quicken for Mac does not handle Average Cost Basis for sell correctly" should be reopened so I can add comments.
    Quicken should handle average cost basis on the Mac the same that it handles it on the Windows platform. The discussion pointed out that it does handle it correctly on the Windows platform. Did Quicken close the discussion because they don't want to fix the Mac version or lacks the staff to fix it?
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7847305/quicken-for-mac-does-not-handle-average-cost-basis-for-sell-correctly

The closed status of a discussion is not meant to indicate whether an issue is, will, or won't be addressed.  It simply means a moderator has decided not to allow additional posts to the discussion at some time.  It's not unusual. 

At this point, I suggest you wait for a moderator to respond.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, after there is no activity on a discussion -
    the Mods will close it...  not sure why - on other forums, like even TurboTax, we have long running topics that get postings only at tax time... so...
    Your topic was last posted in April 2019 -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.