Morgan Stanley update returns OL-332-A

Couldn't update Morgan Stanley Accounts. All ID and Passwords check out. Can log in using external browser or if I restore to a previous date download works. If I use yesterdays backup I get the OL-322-A error

Best Answer

• edbott
    edbott Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I just had Quicken support walk me through the fix for this. (Windows version)

1. Go to Tools > Online Center.
    2. Hold down Ctrl+Shift and click Contact Info in the upper left corner.
    3. In the Refresh Online Transaction Information dialog box, choose the Morgan Stanley Cash Management account from the drop-down list at the top, then select ALL check boxes. That's six in the top and Download FI List below the box.
    4. Click Reset DTSTART, select today's date from the Change To box, then click OK.
    5. Click Refresh, and then click Update/Send.

I had to repeat these steps for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management as well. But afterwards, all was back to normal.

I suspect the fix for the Mac is the same but not sure what the key combi for step 2 is.

Answers

• knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    Me too, same symptoms

Larry
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Me too. using Quicken for Mac 2007 as working fine before yesterday I get the OL-322-A error Called Morgan Stanley - they had no idea how to fix? Said to contact Quicken
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Any one else?
    Couldn't update Morgan Stanley Accounts. All ID and Passwords check out. Can log in using external browser but via Quicken I get the OL-322-A error ? Just started yesterday
    Am using Quicken for Mac 2007 everything worked fine until yesterday?
  • knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    Seems fixed today. Maybe they had it shut down for the holiday weekend...
  • tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭✭
    Note nothing wrong with the userid and password. In fact sometimes the "fixit" comes back saying success. But fails to download and later update (download) transactions comes up with same error
  • edbott
    edbott Member ✭✭
    Still not fixed here. Quicken for Windows.
  • Same problem here
  • Still not fixed here. Quicken for Windows (Windows 10 - 1909)
  • Same problem here
  • drharle
    drharle Member ✭✭
    worked at this end.....amazed customer service was closed Sunday nite till Tuesday morning.....
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Still not working on Mac side
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    All my other updates for other banks working? Only Morgan Stanley still resulting in OL-322 errors? There apparently were some fixes to this same problem on the Widows side... I Called MorganStanley - could not find anything - said to contact Quicken... No real support from Quicken for Mac 2007? :-(
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Not working on the Mac side since 2/15. Strange how it didn't report any error code but did display the attached pop-up. Claimed the connection was fine (green light) but data hadn't updated since 2/15. Deactivated downloads and now it won't connect at all.

Not happy with Quicken this week. Issues with CapitalOne still continue. :(
  • phmassie
    phmassie Member ✭✭
    When attempting to add my Morgan Stanley Wealth Management IRA accounts I am asked for my User ID, Password & the Account number which I enter. After submitting, I get a red error window with a yellow warning sign that says "Error. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)". I have worked with Morgan Stanley and they say there is nothing on their end preventing me from connecting Quicken to my IRA accounts. They feel the issue is on the Quicken end. Help???
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I see the same error.  I also believe it is on the Quicken side.
  • markus1957
    Not Fixed.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    Not fixed for me either. Is it related to R25.10 by chance? I just got that update this morning.
  • edbott
    edbott Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I just had Quicken support walk me through the fix for this. (Windows version)

1. Go to Tools > Online Center.
    2. Hold down Ctrl+Shift and click Contact Info in the upper left corner.
    3. In the Refresh Online Transaction Information dialog box, choose the Morgan Stanley Cash Management account from the drop-down list at the top, then select ALL check boxes. That's six in the top and Download FI List below the box.
    4. Click Reset DTSTART, select today's date from the Change To box, then click OK.
    5. Click Refresh, and then click Update/Send.

I had to repeat these steps for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management as well. But afterwards, all was back to normal.

I suspect the fix for the Mac is the same but not sure what the key combi for step 2 is.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    basimmer said:
    Not fixed for me either. Is it related to R25.10 by chance? I just got that update this morning.
    I'm getting the same error from Morgan Stanley on R24.14 and R25.10.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• markus1957
    @edbott In Online Center, selecting the Refresh Branding and Profile item per your instructions got MS working again.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    Per markus1957, his instructions worked for me as well.
  • surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89 Member ✭✭
    There's no Online Center for Mac, so any idea what to do there?
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Fix worked for me... Thanks edbott...
  • edbott
    edbott Member ✭✭
    > @surfmonkey89 said:
    > There's no Online Center for Mac, so any idea what to do there?

Probably worth a call to online support to get the corresponding steps for Mac.
  • knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    Mine was working, then today it broke again.  Refreshing the branding fixed it (for now?),

Thanks to all who answered,

Larry
  • drharle
    drharle Member ✭✭
    Worked yesterday....not today. Did the fix as posted by edbott. Working again.

Thanks edbott
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Do I need to do the fix for every MS account? I have 10 and this is a pain.
  • knuthvol4
    knuthvol4 Member ✭✭✭
    I have 7 and did the rebranding for only one.

Hope this helps,

Larry
  • amyrosa
    amyrosa Member ✭✭
    Morgan Stanley has not worked since Feb 15 -- we need a solution for Mac 2020 Deluxe version. Windows version has reported a fix (in another thread) but there is no equivalent fix for Mac. Help please ...
  • amyrosa
    amyrosa Member ✭✭
    Need a Quicken for Mac solution -- where is support on this thread?
This discussion has been closed.