in "Bills & Income" the amounts of "Balance/Total Amount Due" and "Minimum Amount Due" are switched

in "Bills & Income" today the amounts of "Balance/Total Amount Due" and "Minimum Amount Due" are switched.
For example for one credit card the amounts shown are -$3,613.00 / -$79.00 ;
yesterday it was showing -$79.00 / -$3,613.00; which is the normal way!
This has happened again in the January and then it corrected itself the next day??

Best Answer

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @waldemar,

Thank you for providing these additional details.

I've taken the liberty of reviewing your Online Billers in our system and it appears that all four of your American Express bills, as well as both of your HSBC bills, are reflecting the proper information for both minimum amounts due as well as the total balance. 

As I'm unable to detect any issues with the bill presentment from my end, you may consider contacting Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting. 

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, including the ability to screen share with you, and can best work with you towards resolving this.

If you have not already done so, I suggest also upgrading to the newest Quicken for Windows release of R24.14, as mentioned above, to determine if that helps in resolving this as well.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

Answers

• Hello @waldemar,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, the Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Natalie, thanks for following up.
    Yes problem continues.
    Using Quicken Subscription version R24.11.
    Problem is in "Bills & Income"
    tab is : Bills, Income & Transfers
    the collumns are:
    Credit card account / due date / "Amt_1/Amt_2"
    usually Amt_1 is the min amount due
    and Amt_2 is total amount due (total balance)
    today most of my accounts are "awaiting next bill"
    there are 4 accounts that have amounts ("Amt_1/Amt_2")
    in three of these Amt_1 (the first one to appear) is actually the larger amount equal to Total Balance of that account - this is the ERROR!
    in fourth account it is correct where Amt_1 is the min due and Amt_2 is total balance.
    in the first three accounts where amounts are inverted I had selected the min amount due to show on my reminders, but given that the amounts are reversed, my reminders show the Total Balance Due.

Hopefully I was more clear now!

A few weeks ago, I decided to create my workaround solution which was to choose the "total amount due" = Amt_2 , which was actually the min pmt due (which I wanted) and the problem was then temporarily "solved" but then a few days later Amt_1 and Amt_2 reversed again and AGAIN the reminders were showing the wrong amounts. Hope this is clear...

Thanks.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    edited February 2020
    Hello @waldemar,

Thank you for providing these additional details, although I apologize you're still experiencing difficulties in Quicken.

May I ask what the name of the Online Biller is that is displaying a reversed minimum amount due/total balance due?

I suggest upgrading to the newest release for Quicken for Windows of R24.14, which is available here

If the issue persists, you may consider contacting Support directly for more in-depth troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭
    Natalie,
    Thank you again for following up on this.
    The Plot thickens today.
    Yesterday I had three Amex bills and one HSBC.
    HSBC today is the same as yesterday » reversed.
    Today I have one more Amex bill for a total of 4 Amex bills » ALL reversed.
    The funny thing is (as I mentioned yesterday) yesterday one of the Amex bills was in the correct order » today (after OSU) it is reversed also!!
    So today I have 4 Amex bills and 2 hsbc bills » ALL reversed.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Answer ✓
    Hello @waldemar,

Thank you for providing these additional details.

I've taken the liberty of reviewing your Online Billers in our system and it appears that all four of your American Express bills, as well as both of your HSBC bills, are reflecting the proper information for both minimum amounts due as well as the total balance. 

As I'm unable to detect any issues with the bill presentment from my end, you may consider contacting Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting. 

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, including the ability to screen share with you, and can best work with you towards resolving this.

If you have not already done so, I suggest also upgrading to the newest Quicken for Windows release of R24.14, as mentioned above, to determine if that helps in resolving this as well.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    I experience this problem. I have three accounts with Bank of America. Two show minimum/total format and one shows total/minimum. American Express shows both formats over time.
  • waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭
    thanks for validating my problem. I thought I was the only one...
    let's see if anyone else experiences this too?
  • waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭
    today I have 11 accounts in "Bills & Income"
    reversed (total/min) are:
    5 x Amex
    2x Citi
    3x hsbc
    the only normal (min/total) is hsbc mortgage account
    summary: 10 reversed / one normal
  • Norman Drews
    Norman Drews Member ✭✭✭
    I am affected by this also. I have to manually refresh the online bill. It is really messing up my Projected Balances screen. I had the issue with Citibank and AMEX recently. This is with the latest update r25.10
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

If you are still experiencing the "Total Amount Due" and "Minimum Amount Due" being switched in the Quicken program, I would recommend contacting support directly for further assistance. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has the tools to review the online billers and to research this issue further.

Thank you,
    ~~~***~~~
  • cwclifford
    cwclifford Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.
    >
    > If you are still experiencing the "Total Amount Due" and "Minimum Amount Due" being switched in the Quicken program, I would recommend contacting support directly for further assistance. https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    >
    > Support has the tools to review the online billers and to research this issue further.
    >
    > Thank you,

[removed - violation of community guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.