Quicken 2017 Doesn't support 2019 tax year reports

Options
Quicken, I won't curse here. But you really don't treat your customers very well. Why can't I use Quicken 2017 - less than 3 years after I bought the product - to help me do my 2019 taxes? Why do I have to upgrade now, and quite possibly end up spending a bunch of time fixing upgrade issues, when I just want to get my taxes done? Aargh!

Best Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken only lets you have 2 years for tax reports.  

The "Tax Summary" report is limited to only producing a couple of years in Q, a few past years, the "product year" and the next calendar year.

BUT, you can produce the same report by doing Reports, Spending, Spending by Category, picking the time frame that you want and then clicking on the Advanced tab to select "Tax Related Transactions only"

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken only lets you have 2 years for tax reports.  

The "Tax Summary" report is limited to only producing a couple of years in Q, a few past years, the "product year" and the next calendar year.

BUT, you can produce the same report by doing Reports, Spending, Spending by Category, picking the time frame that you want and then clicking on the Advanced tab to select "Tax Related Transactions only"

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• BrianR
    BrianR Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, being grumpy made me dumb. Reports > Tax > Tax Summary works pretty well. It turns out that Reports > Investing > Capital Gains [Date range: Last Year] provided the information I was looking for at that moment, but thanks @volvogirl and @Sherlock for your more general solutions.
This discussion has been closed.