Support link flagged by Norton as dangerous

I tried to go online with a Quicken support tech but when I clicked on the hyperlink my Norton Anti-Virus blocked my access and indicated it was a dangerous link/site. It was fine a day or two ago

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one official support site available for Quicken. Do not use Google search.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible you were NOT dealing with official Quicken Support.
    To protect yourself from false Quicken contact info, read this:
    The ONLY Official Quicken Support can be reached for FREE via chat or phone.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Eroach
    Eroach Member
    I tried to open the link through my Quicken menu
  • Eroach
    Eroach Member
    smayer97 I just tried to use the support chat feature using the link you provided, Norton flagged it
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Eroach said:

What version of Quicken?

One thing I have seen in the past is that old versions of Quicken have menu items that point to the Intuit web site, and the links don't exist and as such you thrown out to some other "search"/fail.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eroach said:
    Just tried.... clicking on the Quicken --> Help --> Quicken Support -
    takes you to the Quicken.com website -
    and if you scroll down to the CHAT and click -
    you do wind up at the link that Norton is showing - "mypurecloud" -
    SO... as mentioned above - a false / positive -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Eroach
    Eroach Member
    But I am not using an old version of Quicken, I just downloaded the latest version this week.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It's a false positive - the link is from the Quicken website - it's not even from your Quicken software... which merely pointed to the Quicken.com website -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eroach -- I suggest you have Norton run a full scan on your system.  There is no way a link within the Quicken program points to the "mypurecloud" site that Norton is blocking.  I am suspicious that some malware in your system is redirecting the link (in some fashion beyond my pay-grade).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    q_lurker said:
    @Eroach -- I suggest you have Norton run a full scan on your system.  There is no way a link within the Quicken program points to the "mypurecloud" site that Norton is blocking.  I am suspicious that some malware in your system is redirecting the link (in some fashion beyond my pay-grade).

EXCELLENT Thought!

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned above -
    It's a false positive - the link is from the Quicken.com website -
    it's not even from your Quicken software...
    The hotlink merely points to the Quicken.com website -and pulls up the CHAT link -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following the comments from @ps56k, I am seeing the same sort of link.  Starting simply from my browser and the quicken.com website, when I get far enough along going to Chat, I eventually get taken to the mypurecloud site.  It appears to be a valid Chat-space connection.  I am agreeing that it is likely a false positive from Norton.   

This discussion has been closed.