Why does my scheduled transaction keep asking to be re-entered?

I have several scheduled transactions each month, and they all have behaved as expected for years. A few months ago, ONE of my scheduled transactions started misbehaving. It alerts me as expected, a few days before the transaction is due. I enter it into my register. So far everything is fine. But then the next day it alerts me for the SAME transaction again. And it keeps doing this every day until the transaction date is past. So every day I have to click "ignore" because the transaction is already entered. Again, this only started recently, and it only happens for one of my many scheduled transactions. But it is annoying. How do I repair it? (This transaction is linked to an automobile loan, if that makes a difference.)

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Randolph Jones

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken provide what release you are currently running?

I would start by removing the reminder and recreating it to see if that clears up the issue.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Randolph Jones
    Randolph Jones Member ✭✭✭
    This reminder was automatically generated when I set up the loan account, and it includes the appropriate splits for the interest and principal payments for the loan. If I delete the reminder, what is the process to re-create it so that it is still linked to the loan account with the proper interest calculations?

My Quicken is Year: 2020 Version: R25.10 and Build: 27.1.25.10
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    @Randolph Jones

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

I would still remove the reminder and use the steps outlined here to create a new reminder.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • Randolph Jones
    Randolph Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Okay, I have deleted the transaction and successfully set it back up. We will have to wait until next month to see if this has fixed the problem.

I should point out that the link you sent me didn't work because it is missing the : after https. After I fixed that, I was able to get to the page with the instructions, but the instructions look like they are for an older version of Quicken. Most of the instructions did not match anything on my user interface, so I had to figure out how to re-create the transaction myself.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Randolph Jones

Thank you for giving those steps a try, we can keep this post open so you may respond back if you continue to encounter issues.

I have also reported the previous FAQ as being outdated and replaced the link with a current FAQ.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.