Enter transaction when buying stock shows wrong list of securities

Hello,
Long-time user of Quicken, first time caller. Currently using Quicken Deluxe R22.29 (Canada).

I'm trying to add a transaction into an investment account - buying a stock. It's a stock that I bought before and entered into that same account before. I can't enter it today because that stock - and all the others in this same account - is missing from the drop-down list. It's like Quicken loaded the securities from a different account of mine.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    See if the security is "hidden".  Ctrl+Y to see the list.  Note the list shown in the buy dialog isn't restricted to the one you have in that account.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I would look in the ... Tools --> Security List -
    to see if it is listed, and also that it is NOT checkmarked as "hidden" -
    You can also checkmark the "show hidden" on the pull-down list....
    Lastly - what "action" did you slect - BoughtX - ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Securities list is universal, across ALL of your Q investment accounts.  Unless you go to a WHOLE lot of finagling (or use "Single Mutual Fund" accounts), every security in the list can be bought in any investment account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... every security in the list can be bought in any investment account.

Except for those designated with Security Type = Market Index (which I would not consider to be a WHOLE lot of finagling).  

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    By "finagling", I was referring to those instances, which we've seen here, where "WFC - Joe's IRA", and "WFC - Ellen's IRA" are set up ... instead of simply setting up WFC and buying it in both accounts.
    And even then, since the list is universal, "WFC - Joe's IRA" can still be bought in Ellen's account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.