Lincoln Financial Group - "Unknown Type" while attempting to setup & connect

Deb Thorman-Morgan
Deb Thorman-Morgan Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I'm trying to Add a Brokerage Account and "Unknown Type" comes up and does not connect.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    Is this for LPL Investments ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• It's for Lincoln Financial Group which is a choice in the pull down menu. Version R24.14
  • My account for log in requires a two-factor authentication code that is texted to me - would that stop Quicken from connecting me?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    EDIT - I have updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A -
    LFG shows it is supported for Web Connect or Express Web Connect
    53787    53787    53787    Lincoln Financial Group    https://www.lfg.com/LincolnPageServer?LFGPage=/lfg/lfgclient/index.html    877-275-5462    https://www.lfg.com/LincolnPageServer?LFGPage=/lfg/lfgclient/index.html    ACTIVE
    INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT        
    INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ok - the edited topic title is fine but I don't understand the rest of the message? Am I supposed to do something with the links?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    sorry - no... it's just doc for anyone else browsing -
    Shows that LFG is currently supported for online access -
    using Web Connect or Express Web Connect

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Again, my account for log in requires a two-factor authentication code that is texted to me - would that stop Quicken from connecting me?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Since you appear to be in the Setup - and it connects -
    but returns this "unknown" error -
    I'm guessing that the 2FA does not enter into the picture.
    You might help with some details of what you are doing in Quicken,
    and what screens and results you are seeing...
    Is this for a 401k or 403b type account ?
    You might also browse thru this other thread with a similar problem -
    and this one -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• I am wanting auto Asset Alloc amounts and transaction downloads for my 3 annuities, one being LFG. Does Quicken support this? I'm still not able to complete the setup!!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Deb Thorman-Morgan

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with the "unknown type" error message, please see the information and steps available here.

If the error persists, I recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with some advanced troubleshooting steps that may include a review of your log files and escalation to our service providers.

Please let us know how it goes, thank you.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, it sounds like you are having trouble setting up a connection to your account at Lincoln Financial Group. I don't have an account there, but I went through the Add Account process for a 401k/403b account and specified Linclon Financial Group as the financial institution. I got to a screen where it asked for my account there. Did you get this far?

If not, what happened exactly? If so, what happened next? Were you able to set up the account, or did you get an error message? What was it exactly?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Yes I got to the online account screen - I have stock/annuity - also my online account requires a two-factor authentication code that is texted to me. And then it looks for my account and comes up with ALSOH1 XX6022 - Unknown Type - Ignore - Personal after multiple attempts!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, it looks like Quicken is able to communicate with LFG and sees your account ending in 6022 but it does not recognize that type of account. 

I suggest you contact Quicken support for more assistance.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Message When Adding or Activating an Account: Unknown Type
    Product Version
    Windows

Attempting to add a new account or activate an existing account for online services in Quicken for Windows may result in the account being presented in the Results as Ignore and Unknown Type

Verify with your financial institution that the account type you're trying to add to Quicken is one they support transaction download for.  If it is not a supported account type, you'll need to set up the account for manual entry. Click here for information on setting up a manual account.

If you confirmed with your financial institution that the account type is supported, please contact Quicken Support for further assistance.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• I think that's pretty much what Quicken_Tyka said and I have asked LFG. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.