Mobile & Web sync continually messes up with critical errors

Options
jaydee
jaydee Member ✭✭
Hello,

When I did my latest sync with mobile I received a list of critical errors saying that a bunch of transactions entered on the web in various accounts going back multiple years were possible duplicates. I have never entered any transactions on the web or mobile - I use the mobile app only to view. I picked the "Delete" option which I assumed meant it wouldn't enter the transactions supposedly entered on the web into my desktop software. However, after the sync these account balances were all not matching. I literally spent days trolling through the accounts and reconciling line by line with online transaction lists and prior statements. I found many duplicates in Quicken and finally got it all cleaned up.

Now I am trying to fix the web & mobile data so it doesn't happen again. Since I never enter anything on mobile I just want to blow away all the cloud data and just set it all up again from the data in the desktop Quicken software because it now has everything correct.

To do this, I created a dummy Quicken data file - DF2 and sync'd it to the cloud. So I had DF1 - the main Quicken data file that I have been using for years and DF2 - a dummy, empty data file. Then I went to my mobile devices and logged out. Then through Quicken desktop, I deleted the actual data file DF1 from the cloud. Then I switched back to DF1 in Quicken desktop and set up cloud sync again for it. To my shock and horror, I got the same critical errors again on the first sync and despite choosing the "Delete" option my accounts in Quicken desktop were all out of balance again. Luckily I made a backup just before I did this so it was easy to go back to the known good state.

How is it possible that after deleting DF1 dataset from Quicken cloud there were still transactions in the cloud, supposedly entered by me through the mobile app, that could be duplicates and mess up my account balances??

How can I get my cloud data purged so I can start over with a fresh sync from the desktop software? I'm paying a subscription to be able to use this mobile capability and right now all it does is cause me grief.

Here's the info about my Quicken:
Product: Quicken Deluxe
Year: 2019
Version: R22.29
Build: 27.1.22.29
Edition: Canada

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Best Answer

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jaydee,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you have not already done so, please see the information and follow the steps outlined here to troubleshoot the syncing issue that you're experiencing with Quicken.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Support directly for more in-depth troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jaydee,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you have not already done so, please see the information and follow the steps outlined here to troubleshoot the syncing issue that you're experiencing with Quicken.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Support directly for more in-depth troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.