With the new subscription version is data still stored locally?

Options
I am a current 2017 user being forced to upgrade to the new subscription version. I would like to understand if the subscription version is cloud based (like Quickbooks online) where you log in to a website and everything, including your data, is stored in the cloud? Or will the program and my data still be stored locally on my computer - I will just have to log in there somewhere to get it to work? Also wondering what other additional things do I have to sign up for? I saw BillPay mentioned in another post but it was unclear if that is required or not? Thank you for your help.

Best Answers

Answers

• crunchymama
    Options
    Thank you so much Frankx. I had asked Quicken support and they were unwilling to answer my question without me giving them all sorts of personal information which was very disappointing. I appreciate your help. I see you are a Quicken H&B 2017 user. Me too. Are you upgrading to the subscription?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI "@crunchymama",

Yes I am upgrading and I've already purchased the subscription H&B from Sam's Club. I just want to get my current file in a little better order (still have year-end reconciliations to complete & want to do tax export) before I switch. 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• crunchymama
    Options
    oh nice. thanks for that tip - and thanks for all of the information.
This discussion has been closed.