I have a Fidelity Cash Management account on Quicken on Web or Mobile doesn't show under checking.

:/ I have a Cash Management account that shows fine on my Quicken desktop app, however doesn't show in Bank/Checking accounts when logging into Quicken Mobile/Web. This is a linked cash account on the desktop app. Is there a way to have this show on the mobile/app?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @rachaelac,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please take a moment to review the information and follow the steps that are available here to select the accounts you'd like to sync to mobile.

Hope this helps! 

-Quicken Natalie 

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Fidelity customer also, and, likewise, I have a CMA with them.
    SO, the issue becomes how do you have that account set up in Q?
    It should be a taxable brokerage account with the "Show Cash in A checking account" button used when you do TOOLS, Account List, and click EDIT adjacent to your Fidelity brokerage account.
    Since Fidelity isn't a bank, they can't legally offer "checking accounts".  So what that "Linked Checking Account" really is is the Money Market fund that's the cash portion/transactions of your brokerage account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:  It should be a taxable brokerage account with the "Show Cash in A checking account" button used when you do TOOLS, Account List, and click EDIT
    Interesting - my Schwab accounts both have their corresponding "cash" linked accounts, always have, but never really thought too much about it -
    just can't "reconcile"  the linked account -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ps56k, WHY can't you reconcile that account?  It functions exactly like any other checking account ... and I reconcile mine every month.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    oops - sorry - meant the other side... the Investment parent -
    The only other issue, is that the cash account doesn't have the "online balance" for the Reconcile to work with.... only the Register "ending balance"
    so it's a manual Reconcile ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rachaelac
    rachaelac Member
    Hi - I do sync the Fidelity accounts to mobile. The problem is the Cash account shows up as zero under investing and the linked account doesn’t show under the banking/credit accounts.
  • rachaelac
    rachaelac Member
    I essentially have to go to the desktop app to see the linked cash account, I can’t see it in Mobile or Web app.

I do manually reconcile to statements for the cash account.
  • micheler
    micheler Member
    I have a similar issue where I am using Quicken for Mac and I don't seem to have the option to "Show Cash in a Brokerage Account". Issue is that none of my checking transactions show up in my reports and I am unable to move the account to checking. Any comments are appreciated.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @micheler

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your question, however, this is an older post for a different platform.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.