stock price updates

cannot update stock prices

Best Answers

• pamarcandy
    pamarcandy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Jim: I re-installed Quicken from its website (which provided updates) and now I can update my stock quotes. What really bothers me is that I call the Quicken support line and (while holding for several minutes) never received a pick-up. Thanks for at least looking at my problem.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need more info.

What version of Quicken are you running?
    Is this a new problem?
    Does it affect all your stocks, or just a few? Which securities does it affect?
    Do you get any error message?

QWin Premier subscription
  • pamarcandy
    pamarcandy Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2019 (Jan 9); this is a NEW problem; affects all stocks; get an error message that says try back in 10 minutes; it's been 3 days;
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    US or Canada? Please go to Help > About Quicken and tell us what is says there.

Do you get the same message if you go to Investing > Portfolio and click on Update at the top right?

QWin Premier subscription
  • pamarcandy
    pamarcandy Member ✭✭
    Hi Jim: I live in the US; About Quicken says Year: 2020, Version R25.10, Build 27.1.25.10 Current membership valid through 1/9/2020; And, yes, rec'd the same msg under "Investing, Portfolio, update"; says Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time, please wait at least ten minutes then try again.
  • pamarcandy
    pamarcandy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Jim: I re-installed Quicken from its website (which provided updates) and now I can update my stock quotes. What really bothers me is that I call the Quicken support line and (while holding for several minutes) never received a pick-up. Thanks for at least looking at my problem.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Current membership valid through 1/9/2020...

Jim: I re-installed Quicken from its website (which provided updates) and now I can update my stock quotes. ...

So you are saying that with an expired version of QUicken you eventually were able to get downloads of security prices working?
    And are you able to get other downloads too, from FIs/Banks, for other accounts?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• pamarcandy
    pamarcandy Member ✭✭
    Sorry, everyone. I misstated my expiration date. Should've been 1/9/2021. And, I never download data from a financial institution. I manually update data for everything except stock price quotes through Quicken. Thank you all for your support.......
This discussion has been closed.