Tags showing up / not showing up

Just tried to run a quick transaction report for a vacation I took a few months back. All related expenses were tagged "Sarasota-2019" but certain transactions just won't show up in reports. When I search all transactions for that tag they all show and I can print a report from that screen that totals them, but I can't use the data. But in report mode certain transactions just don't show. Have to say this shakes my confidence pretty good, especially around tax time...Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? Long time user so I'm at wits end on this one.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    Exactly which report are you starting with from the Reports menu? Please list the sequence of steps you take to create the report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Stunacy
    Stunacy Member
    Tried several. But started with a transaction report. Then went in and started playing with customization options as I typically do. Notice one big charge wasn't showing up and tried running tons of different options. Does that help?
  • RickO
    Yes, I wanted to confirm that you were using the Transaction report and not the Category or Payee Summary reports. Can you confirm that in the customization, you have the date range set correctly and that all the transactions you see in the register search are within that date range? Also, confirm that Accounts, Categories and Payees are all set to Include Transactions from Any. And finally in Advanced, you have Include All Transfers selected.
  • Stunacy
    Stunacy Member
    Yeah I've tried all those. It's odd. I figured it was the dates at first. And I've toggled on and off a bunch of options. It feels like a bug. But I'm happy to send over some screenshots if you think it would help.
  • RickO
    This sounds like a case where it is probably best to contact Quicken support so they can share your screen and you can show them exactly what's going on.
  • Marys
    Marys Member ✭✭✭
    Do you have any accounts or payees hidden? I had reports missing transactions after I hid an account. In the reports, even though I had chosen to include ALL accounts, categories, and payees, the transactions from the hidden account were missing. I had not checked the box to include hidden. That fixed my problem. Hope you have sorted out your problem.
  • Stunacy
    Stunacy Member
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll hit up support. I agree it's an oddball. Does feel like a bug.
This discussion has been closed.