new version new computer

Trying to use my back up on my new computer. I downloaded quicken from my account. Went to restore back up and says my back up version is 5.15 and my quicken is 5.143. When I went to update quicken it says 5.143 is the latest which it is not as I had 5.15 on my old computer. how to I get this to fix to upload my file

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2020
    You got caught in the staged release of 5.15. What happens is that they roll out a limited number of copies of the new version (5.15) then stop and wait a while to make sure there are no major glitches. That's why you can't get 5.15 from your account or update it right now on the new computer. Version 5.15 makes changes to the structure of the Quicken data file that 5.14 can't read. That's why 5.14 won't open a file that's already been opened in 5.15. However, all is not lost...

1. On your old computer, find Quicken.app in the top level Applications folder. It should be version 5.15.
    2. Right click on this file and choose Compress "Quicken.app". This will create a file named Quicken.app.zip.
    3. Move this file to the top level Applications folder on the new computer using a thumb drive, Dropbox, or any other means of moving the file.
    4. On the new computer, double click Quicken.app.zip to uncompress it. You will now have 5.15 on the new computer and this will open your backed up file.

Alternatively, wait a few days until 5.15 is in general release.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Bill37
    Bill37 Member ✭✭
    I don't have the old they had to wipe out the hard drive and reset it up that's why I made copy of it....so I have the file on a usb
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Unless you have a backup created under 5.14, I'm afraid you will have to wait until 5.15 is released. You could try to contact Quicken Support tomorrow and see if they can make an exception to get you 5.15 early, but I don't know if they can do that. I have not heard of any major issues with the stage release, so I expect it won't be long before full release.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Bill37
    Bill37 Member ✭✭
    I will call them tomorrow
    Lucky me getting the new release before everyone
This discussion has been closed.