Vanguard Account Added but not showing up

Quicken has indicated that I have set up the account for my username, but no Vanguard accounts are showing up in Quicken. There should be three 529 accounts.

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three Vanguard accounts should be showing up in your Account List but are not?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boss77
    Boss77 Member ✭✭
    Correct
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2020
    Sometimes, something goes wrong during the activation of online services of a FI (financial institution) and Quicken will set up a temporary account(s) that will not show up in Account List.  Under "Tools" click on "One Step Update Summary".  Do you see Vanguard or another FI listed there that has a weird name?
    If not:  Try setting up Vanguard, again, via Add Account, because the prior attempt did not complete for some reason.
    If so:
    1) Click on the blue link under Vanguard or that FI name saying how many accounts were updated.  That will bring up a pop-up. 
    2) Click on the blue font name of the account in that pop-up to bring up the Account Register for that account. 
    3) Click on the gear icon at the top right of that register and click on "Edit Account Details".
    4)  On the "General" tab of "Account Details", click on "Delete Account."  Quicken will ask you to confirm that you want to do this.  Type in "yes" and then click "OK."
    5)  Repeat this process for each account that is listed under Vanguard or that FI name in the "One Step Update Summary" report.
    6)  When all those accounts have been deleted, try setting up Vanguard, again, via Add Account.
    Let me know if this fixed the problem.

• Boss77
    Boss77 Member ✭✭
    There is no Tools tab anywhere and I don't see any FI or other weird name/
  • Boatnmaniac
    "Tools" is not a tab.  It's a menu item toward the top left of the Quicken screen between "File" and "Help".  
    I provided step-by-step instructions for what to do if you do not see Vanguard or an FI with a weird name in the One Step Update Summary.  Did you follow them?  What was the result?

• Boss77
    Boss77 Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020 Mac. There is no Tool menu/tab and I don't see the one step update summary anywhere.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Many apologies, Boss77.  I had mistakenly responded as if this were a QW issue.  I don't know a lot about QM so I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you.  Hopefully someone with some good QM expertise can step in and help out.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @Boss77

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

A similar account status window can be located in the Mac version under Window > Account Status.

If you navigate to the account status window, are these 3 accounts missing?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Boss77
    Boss77 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Quicken_Tyka. I checked the account status and don't see any Vanguard accounts listed, even though when I try to add a Vanguard 529 account it says "It looks like you've already set up all your accounts at Vanguard for the username you provided." Any suggestions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Boss77

Thank you for the response and giving those steps a try and letting me know the results.

At this point, I would create a test file to test if you get the same message in the new test file.

To create a test file, go to File > New. Choose, 'Start from Scratch.'

On the new file, please attempt to add a new account with Vanguard 529. If you get the same message in the test file, that rules out the issue being with the file itself and points to an issue with Vanguard.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Boss77
    Boss77 Member ✭✭
    I get the same error with the test file. Any suggestions?
  • RYTT7
    RYTT7 Member
    edited January 2021
    Has this been resolved. I believe it is a Quicken issue. Other financial management services [Removed] are able to pull all my 529 accounts at Vanguard. I am new to Quicken and was hopeful I would see all of my accounts there yet having the same issue as @Boss77
  • Boss77
    Boss77 Member ✭✭
    As far as I can tell Vanguard does not support quicken.
This discussion has been closed.