Problem with manually updating prices?

Jeffrey Kirk
Jeffrey Kirk Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I am trying to manually update prices gfor various securities that are not publically traded. When I enter a new price on the Price Update window, Quicken records it, but it doesnt show up on my Holdings (only a blank space where the price is supposed to be). When I try and update it directly on my Holdings window, Quicken will not accept it, and returns a blank just as explained above. I have tried several securities like this, but to no avail.
Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Jeffrey,
    Thanks for posting to the Community. Yes, Quicken can absolutely handle your situation of updating non-publicly traded securities price changes, but to accomplish the task is a bit nuanced. Please start with this Help Article; the 4th through 8th sections deal with manually entering security prices, and the hierarchy of how Quicken handles prices entered in various data entry fields within the software.

If this does not solve your concern, please post back to this thread with additional details, or contact Quicken Support directly
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @“Jeffrey Kirk”. To me it sounds like you have a display issue. If you work through a portfolio view (Ctrl-U), do you have the same results or do the prices show correctly?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am trying to manually update prices gfor various securities that are not publically traded.
    I did the same thing for my 529 account - manually created a virtual security and then updated the price of that Security a couple of times a year.
    What does your Holdings screen look like ?
    Can you grab and post a screen shot ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jeffrey Kirk
    Jeffrey Kirk Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks to all. It was a corrupted disc.
This discussion has been closed.