How do I start over with new accounts?

Options
My financial situation has completely changed. Essentially I need to start Quicken from scratch creating new accounts, Bills, Income , Etc. How do I go about doing that?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can keep your old file, and basically just start a brand new Quicken data file -
    If that is what you want to do...
    ... File --> New Quicken File -->

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ Deep Drop,

That's pretty easy - if you want a complete fresh start just:

1) Select "File" > "New Quicken File" > "OK"

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can certainly do as others have suggested and create a new Quicken file. That will give you what you want.  However, if it was me, I would just continue with the same file and create the new accounts and such within it.  You could then either “close” those that you no longer need or just change the display so they are no longer available in lists etc. the benefit of this is you have the old data and new data together so you can run reports to compare if you want. 

Again, it’s your decision but once you go with a new file it is much more difficult to combine the data later

This discussion has been closed.