BILLS & INCOME Module and PLANNING/BUDGET Module

I have been experiencing issues with my budget disappearing. Each time I would have to restore from backup. I did some tests and found that when I update a transaction in the BILLS & INCOME module (Single tranasaction) it was taking over 30 seconds and some cases over 5 minutes. I clicked to go to PLANNING/BUDGET and found there was no Budget "This Quicken File contains no budgetable accounts or categories. The budget feature cannot be used at this time. I checked and found I am running the current version and my memebership is current. I ran FILE OPERATIONS / Repair and also CNTRL REPAIR to make sure my flle was good. All was OK. Any insights to the problem? Others having this problem?
Regards,
Gene

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I followed your instructions above, installed the USMONOPatch running as Administrator, closed Quicken, Rebooted WIN 10, Started Quicken, view release (R25.18, BUILD 27.1.25.18). Went to BILLS&INCOME, changed the water bill 75.00 to 75.01. Went to HOME, then to PLANNING/Budget and back to BILLS&INCOME, then back to PLANNING/BUDGET. Everything worked great. The Budget disappearing issue I had appears to be fixed. Thanks.
  • EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    OPPS.. It disappeared again! I restarted QUICKEN, checked budget(all ok), updated a transaction in checking account, then over to budget. Budget is gone. Got the message "This Quicken file contains no budgetable accounts or categories. The Budget feature cannot be used at this time". Had to restore again! Please help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you do part (2) of the Troubleshooting procedure, to eliminate problems caused by a damaged Quicken data file?
  • EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    YES.. I believe so. I used the US version (QW27.1.25.18MPatch).
    I did the following....
    Install the Update (US and Canada)
    Click on the link above for the update you prefer (these steps apply to both).
    Choose Save As, then browse to your desktop and save it there. If you get a prompt asking if you want to allow the program to make changes, you will need to allow.
    From your desktop, right-click the newly downloaded file QW##.#.#.#MPatch and select Run as Administrator.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
    When finished, you can verify the release version of Quicken by selecting the Help menu in the software and choosing About Quicken.

I am now on Rel 25.18 Build 27.1.25.18. I also ran the Validate from Operations--> Validate and Repair. It said it fixed 7 scheduled transactions. All else was OK. I did account work, then viewed PLANNING/budget then BILLS and then it clocked for over 1 minute. went to PLANNING/Budget and the Budget was gone.
    Gene
  • EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't see step 2) Validate. Will do now.
  • EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    I completed Step 2) Validate. I ran several tests to try and fail but after awhile it appeared to be working. But then it happened. The issue still existed and caused the budget to disappear. Since it took awhile to fail I will keep using this version and hope a fix comes in the future. Since this has happened since early January 2020, I cannot bear the thought of restoring back to the point where the new Billing Module was deployed. If there are any suggestions out there please let me know.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than starting a new Quicken data file from scratch as of 1/1/2020 and abandoning this one as a lost cause ... I'm fresh out of ideas.

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• EFW
    EFW Member ✭✭✭
    OK, Thanks!
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    Was super complimentary of Quicken on Facebook yesterday, now I'm not so sure. Went to revise my budget due to need to implement some emergency downscaling of budget and POOF budget gone. First, got the "no budget categories message" then did a validate and no evidence of any budgets anywhere, gone. I am running latest release of Quicken Premier for Windows. No crashes, no glitches. Everything ran fine yesterday. Even ran budget reports this morning and now NO FREAKING BUDGETS AT ALL. This is insane. Just did a super validate and same thing.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    Was able to go to last night's backup and restore then super validate and all SEEMS ok, Now working on pins and needles afraid this will happen again.
This discussion has been closed.