Capital One Accounts Won't Authorize/Download (updated title)

Answers

• aaron
    aaron Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    seems to be an ongoing problem for the last month or so
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    > @AZCoder1959 said:
    > On, 2/13/2020, I reported I had a connection problem (on that thread Frankx referenced) that I had a related problem with Quicken for Mac and one of my CapitalOne accounts. At first, I thought it was because the account had been temporarily "suspended" due to inactivity. I made a transfer to reenable it and I still can't connect, even after completely disconnecting and reconnecting. The spinner spins until it times out. It's been 4 days or so now. The other CapitalOne accounts were fine, though, until I stupidly disconnected them and tried to reconnect...then all accounts were timing out.
    >
    > I called CapitalOne about it. There's nothing they can do on their side and are sending me to Quicken to resolve it.
    >
    > 2/14/2020 update: I contacted Quicken and they spent quite a bit of time analyzing my error & connection logs. Nothing specifically found other than "Something's blocking you." Told me to wait 24-48 hours and try again.
    >
    > 2/20/2020 update: Still times out after 5 minutes. I contacted CapitalOne; again, they told me to talk to Quicken, there's nothing they can do. I asked them to escalate it. Then I contacted Quicken; again, told me to wait 24-48 hours and try again, maybe there's a server problem that needs to get resolved.
    >
    > At this rate, I don't see how it will ever get fixed. No one's doing anything. My suggestion is you report it to Quicken AND CapitalOne tech support and maybe that will light a fire if enough people report it.

2/26/2020 update: Still times out after 5 minutes. I'm no longer reaching out to either Capital One or Quicken since one blames the other. If folks on this thread are NOT calling to complain as I did, I don't think it will ever get fixed since they think the problem is limited to just one or two people.

Quicken has online chat with tech support and they'll work with you (and make you send them log files, etc.) and it's worth the time so they can maybe see a pattern. Capital One just needs to know there are more of us out here and maybe they'll light a fire under Quicken to fix it.
  • MWGorman
    MWGorman Member ✭✭
    I too have messed around with this Capital One problem for over 5 months now. I have two accounts with Capital One and both accounts will show the transactions but neither account will provide the monthly statement amount due or due date. In the Bill Pay part of quicken the accounts will not link to Capital One.

I have talked multiple times to both the technical service folks with Quicken and also the digital services department at Capital One. Quicken tells us that the problem is a Capital One issue and that CapitalOne suppose to be working on solving the problem. However every phone call(6) I have had with Capital One going back to October, I was told that Capital One is not aware of any such problem. After the first contact to Capital One I then asked to escalate to someone higher or maybe more aware of such a problem. They always gave me the same answer that they are not working on such a problem nor are they aware it exist. They said have Quicken contact them but my attempt to tell that to tech support was met with its already being done as referenced in the documents of this thread.

Now in Capital One's defense they are aware that other software programs like Mint are not experiencing the same problem so they don't understand why Quicken should have any problems. I have both programs and Mint does show all transactions, amount due and due dates for all the same institutions. Quicken gets the transactions but can not link to get the due dates or amounts.

Its clear that what Capital One is telling me and what Quicken is telling me are totally different so a miscommunication between them is most likely what needs to be addressed. Finger pointing hasn't worked and should make the pointer look to the hand that points with one finger and look where the other 3 fingers are pointing.

Now maybe the Quicken technical support folks will read this and look into if there is a misunderstanding or what. Regardless if my information is right or not, the problem has dragged on since at least June of 2019 and does need to be resolved or escalated to higher power that can resolve it.

Escalating certain problems to the Office of the President of any big corporation is something that only should be done once all other avenues dont achieve results. Certainly this issue has gone on too long and sure seems that it should have been solved by now. This discussion thread does show some of the facts and our patience to date. Hopefully respected helpful folks with tech support can give us good news within the next week or so.

Mike
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    Hello,

For the past few days, my Capital One 360 accounts are simply not working in Quicken (most recent update). It's not unusual for the connection to drop after a week or so, requiring a reconnect to refresh and download new transactions. However, now it's timing out when trying to login to my Capital One accounts. It's completely unusable. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    OH NOOOOOOOO. Thank you a-aron.
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    I just got off the phone with CapOne again. They have suggested I let people know to call in, select the Quicken option, and tell them what's happening. The more people who pile in, the faster this gets escalated.

The number I called was: 1-877-383-4802
  • NeuBob
    NeuBob Member
    Same Issue.... so frustrating.. i've disabled all of my accounts, gone into CapitalOne 360s website and delinked quicken.... get the sign-on screen and after entering creditials I get a spinning wheel.... forever. Was working perfectly.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    > @NeuBob said:
    > Same Issue.... so frustrating.. i've disabled all of my accounts, gone into CapitalOne 360s website and delinked quicken.... get the sign-on screen and after entering creditials I get a spinning wheel.... forever. Was working perfectly.

Yep, exactly. I tried once a day and still the same. No one is doing a thing about it, either.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    > @michaelsfutter said:
    > I just got off the phone with CapOne again. They have suggested I let people know to call in, select the Quicken option, and tell them what's happening. The more people who pile in, the faster this gets escalated.
    >
    > The number I called was: 1-877-383-4802

I've been saying the same thing (call BOTH Quicken and Capital One). It seems they'll only do something about it if they get hammered with user complaints.
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    This whole thing is a nightmare. What other software is out there that actually functions?
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    BTW... has anyone tried uninstalling the software and re-installing?
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    > @michaelsfutter said:
    > BTW... has anyone tried uninstalling the software and re-installing?

Nevermind... that def doesn't work.
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    Just called Capital One again. Selected the Quicken option under Online Banking on their phone menu...

The woman who picked up had never heard of Quicken. I asked if I had reached the online banking department, because Quicken is one of the options. Was kinda shocked she'd never heard of it.

"Is that an app?" she asked.

o_O

"Is this the online banking department?" I responded.

"In a way," she replied.

In.
    A.
    Way.

What the ffffff does that even mean?

I eventually got to someone else, who immediately escalated me to a manager. She seems to be unable to help, but, "It should be working."

Weeeeeeeeeell... buckle up, kiddo. Because, it ain't.

This is a flipping mess and both companies need to work together to figure it out.
  • nleanos79
    nleanos79 Member ✭✭
    Yeah. I'm on the phone with Quicken now. I'm going to try to arrange a conference call between Quicken and Capital One using the Capital One number that AZCoder1959 gave above. This whole thing is a nightmare.
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    > @nleanos79 said:
    > Yeah. I'm on the phone with Quicken now. I'm going to try to arrange a conference call between Quicken and Capital One using the Capital One number that AZCoder1959 gave above. This whole thing is a nightmare.

When you connect to that number you're looking for 360 accounts, online banking, and then the Quicken option.
  • nleanos79
    nleanos79 Member ✭✭
    > @michaelsfutter said:
    > > @nleanos79 said:
    > > Yeah. I'm on the phone with Quicken now. I'm going to try to arrange a conference call between Quicken and Capital One using the Capital One number that AZCoder1959 gave above. This whole thing is a nightmare.
    >
    > When you connect to that number you're looking for 360 accounts, online banking, and then the Quicken option.

Two and a half hours on the phone with Quicken. This seems to be a really complex problem. Now they're saying that the problem could possible not be Capital One at all, but related to the ISP you use. I'm on Verizon FiOS.

Yes, you heard me right. Capital One is blaming Quicken, Quicken says they don't noted problems with Capital One, and Quicken then blames the problem on my internet provider.

I seriously could strangle someone I'm so frustrated with this!
  • Joe Pucci
    Joe Pucci Member ✭✭
    I see many threads on here. You click on login - after you say no to downloading like 5 fonts, you get the Capital One login. You log in successfully and then it just times out. I have not been able to download transactions for about 2+ weeks.

On Catalina 10.15.3 and Quicken Version 5.15.1 (Build 515.32947.100)

I love how they blame the consumer and the bank and later it is magically fixed.

This happens all the time after an upgrade. Last year was Chase. This year so far Capital One.
  • nleanos79
    nleanos79 Member ✭✭
    Joe, I hear you. I've been dealing with the same thing. I've called both Capital One and Quicken multiple times. The last time that I talked to Quicken, they said that it was a problem with settings within my router. I talked to Verizon FiOS today and eliminated every single firewall that was set up within my router. Still not working. It's infuriating.
  • phil h
    phil h Member ✭✭
    After signing in and trying to add the Capital One credit card, it just sits on the "merry-go-round!" For some reason the sign-in for Capital One just spins and times out. Tried deleting and re-doing, but it still doesn't work. Will it be fixed?
  • kburden
    kburden Member
    And I just got off the phone with Capital One who says its a Quicken error yet I've read on several places on here where Quicken has said its a Capital One issue.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I attempted to replicate this behavior in my copy of Quicken for Mac 2020 (subscription) but could not, the authorization screen loaded as expected and I was able to successfully add and update my accounts with Capital One.

For those who are continuing to experience this issue and the authorization screen does not load, please reply here and confirm which instance of Capital One you are selecting
    e.g:
    Capital One 360
    Capital One Bank - New
    Capital One Card - Current
    Capital One Card Services

Are you attempting to re-authorize Capital One accounts that already exist in the Quicken Data File?

Or are you attempting to add and authorize Capital One accounts that do not already exist in the Quicken Data File?

Please also confirm if you are connected to the internet using an ethernet (hardwired) connection or WiFi.

If WiFi, please temporarily change the connection to a different provider, such as a Mobile HotSpot or ethernet connection - does the authorization window details now load?  Or does the screen remain blank?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    Ummmm. I'm on Fios, too. Hold on... trying something.
  • kburden
    kburden Member
    I called Capital One and got no help. On with Quicken chat for last 45 minutes. Did a new test file in Quicken & got my Capital One credit card to connect & download in it but not in my actual Quicken file. Still on with agent trying to reconcile.
  • michaelsfutter
    michaelsfutter Member ✭✭
    HOLY ISH! I tethered to my phone and it worked. Fios IS the problem. What the flipping flapjacks?!
  • Joe Pucci
    Joe Pucci Member ✭✭
    They are existing accounts. During the updates account process, the error box pops up that Capital One is requesting that you SignIn. You click, Sign In. You get the Sign In Box, says successful and then it just clocks, until you get a message that it times out and you can try again or cancel. The accounts were set up with Capital One 360 and I tried Capital One Bank - New. These are checking, savings,and CDs so did not try the card ones. I am on wifi as there is no ethernet in the home office.
  • Joe Pucci
    Joe Pucci Member ✭✭
    Tried other connection types nothing. Tried hot spot nothing. The error on the download process states: Partial Download (351) Capital One 360 needs to reauthorize your accounts by signing in again (cccapture.350)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Joe Pucci

Thank you for the response and providing that additional information. 

I apologize, but I have one more question for you, who is your internet service provider?

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • kburden
    kburden Member
    For those who are continuing to experience this issue and the authorization screen does not load, please reply here and confirm which instance of Capital One you are selecting
    e.g:
    Capital One 360
    Capital One Bank - New - have tried this
    Capital One Card - Current - have also tried this
    Capital One Card Services - have also tried this

Are you attempting to re-authorize Capital One accounts that already exist in the Quicken Data File? - have tried to re-authorize and have tried to add new

Or are you attempting to add and authorize Capital One accounts that do not already exist in the Quicken Data File? - have tried to add new as well

Please also confirm if you are connected to the internet using an ethernet (hardwired) connection or WiFi. - using WiFi
  • Joe Pucci
    Joe Pucci Member ✭✭
    My ISP is Cox
This discussion has been closed.