One Step Update does not close after updating

One Step Update does not close after completing.

Need to close program and restart.

It is also going all the way back to 2017 finding transactions to add.

Quicken for Windows subscription

Best Answer

• Hownow
    Hownow Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I needed to get telephone support. The fiels turned out to be corrupted. I was shocked to learn that this is a common problem for people with files that have been in continuous use for many years and known to quicken.

The files were no recoverable.

This issue would not have occurred had quicken notified users that this was a common occurrence and developed a fix or preventive action.

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @HowNow,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

If you have not already done so, I suggest performing a Validate and Repair on your Quicken data file, following the steps outlined here.

Please let us know if this helps to resolve this matter for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Hownow
    Hownow Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I needed to get telephone support. The fiels turned out to be corrupted. I was shocked to learn that this is a common problem for people with files that have been in continuous use for many years and known to quicken.

The files were no recoverable.

This issue would not have occurred had quicken notified users that this was a common occurrence and developed a fix or preventive action.
  • Bob K.
    Bob K. Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem. I spent over two hours with the Help Desk. We tried many potential fixes but none worked. Eventually we gave up. I have found that if you go into each account and do an update it downloads the transactions and quits. However, this takes about as much time as doing a one-step update, using task manager to quite the program, and then reloading Quicken. Has anyone figured out a solution to the problem? Also, any idea why it started recently. I have never had a problem in all the years using one step update???
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
This discussion has been closed.