Im using macOS 10.15.3. When I double click on the Q icon the program won't open.

I did hold down the control key while I clicked on the Q icon and this did open the program. I have put a password on this file and it behaves the same way with or without the password? Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Is it the control key you are holding down when trying to launch? That should bring up a contextual menu instead of allowing you to launch the app. An explanation here would help. Are you choosing Open from the contextual menu?

Do you know where the Quicken application and data file are being stored? (You might not know, but I ask in case you have manually moved either.)

Has this worked in the past?

• LMA987
    LMA987 Member
    When I have closed quicken completely it works fine. My problem happens when pgm is open but sleeping on my desk top.
    Previously I was using Banktivity7. I just had to click on the Bank icon and if the program closed it would launch and ask for password or if sleeping would open and ask for password.

I have had this issue for 6 weeks now and today it is working fine. No issues at all. I think there was a gremlin in my laptop over night. Thank you for your help John.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Simple question: have you restarted the computer? This will often fix this type of gremlin.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.